Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when Ross tries stuff, and it doesnt work....he gets destroyed for it!!

Its not a job for 1 of the 2 midfielders to take risks, not in the way we play.

If Ross gets destroyed for it, then those complaining are idiots. He is one of the few who actually creates anything. Super Kev is back making runs, which is great to see. McGeady, however, comes on makes a run and is forever losing the ball. The passing is too negative. There is a severe lack of through balls, runs behind the defense, or stretching the opposition. Basically, passing is to slow going forward to create trouble for the opposition defense. All too often this possession game gives teams time to close us down. We need players who are capable of taking on the opposition, instead of this tippy tappy getting nowhere game. We have lost/drew too many game this season because of losing possession too easily.

If Ross gets destroyed for it, then those complaining are idiots. He is one of the few who actually creates anything. Super Kev is back making runs, which is great to see. McGeady, however, comes on makes a run and is forever losing the ball. The passing is too negative. There is a severe lack of through balls, runs behind the defense, or stretching the opposition. Basically, passing is to slow going forward to create trouble for the opposition defense. All too often this possession game gives teams time to close us down. We need players who are capable of taking on the opposition, instead of this tippy tappy getting nowhere game. We have lost/drew too many game this season because of losing possession too easily.

I agree with all that, BUT Besic cant be taking it on himself to do it himself, its not his job.

He needs to learn to keep it simple, his position doesn't require him to play so loosely, dropping the shoulder in his own half and egging the other team to take the ball off him is something he needs to curb.

There are plenty of games where we don't need two out and out defensive midfielders. Besic alongside McCarthy is a perfect fit for those games. We need to get more proactive in that area.

Besic should play tonight. He's been subdued in PL games because of the seniority of the other midfielders on the pitch. If played tonight I think he'd take on more responsibility and show more of what he's capable of.

he needs the game time to settle in more. He still looks too anxious to impress when he gets the ball. For the position he plays, he needs to calm down and think, not be rash and cause more problems than he solves.

I agree with all that, BUT Besic cant be taking it on himself to do it himself, its not his job.

I seriously doubt he's taking it upon himself to come deep and bring the ball out of the defence. It is something Martinez has told him to do. In his interview with the Guardian, he said Martinez had said nothing about the few mistakes he made. He is being told to be the playmaker and i'm happy with him doing that. Once he settles in fully, we'll have a real complete player on our hands.

I seriously doubt he's taking it upon himself to come deep and bring the ball out of the defence. It is something Martinez has told him to do. In his interview with the Guardian, he said Martinez had said nothing about the few mistakes he made. He is being told to be the playmaker and i'm happy with him doing that. Once he settles in fully, we'll have a real complete player on our hands.

Could not disagree more mate, he is no way being asked to be a playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.