Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Besic has done ok for us so far not spectacular but he needs time to adapt to the pace of the league, I like the fact that he's agile and can turn a player when he receives the ball with his back to goal and get us moving forward rather than choosing a backwards or sideways pass all the time, learning when and where he can do it is something he will learn in time, same as with Ross. McCarthy is clearly our first choice CM and for me Barry should remain his first choice midfield partner, mainly but not solely because of his extra height and strength, the decision to leave him on the pitch over Besic V City was a lot to do with this IMO, City had some big players in their side, we needed Barry or we could of got out muscled especially defending set pieces. I just read this excerpt in an article about Mirallas pretty much sums up our midfield at the moment, overall it's a pretty fair analysis of our season and some of the tactical issues we have faced, spoilt at the end though by suggesting we sell Kev.

"James McCarthy has failed to start seven games in all competitions this season and Everton haven’t won any of them.
His energy and pressing gives Martinez a string in his bow that isn’t offered by Gareth Barry or Muhamed Besic. Furthermore, it is interesting that Besic hasn’t won a single aerial duel this season, compared to McCarthy’s 18."
http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/prem...anuary-bid-player-killing-everton,64737.html?

If that's right about Besic then he is definately going to have to work on that side of his game, I do like him though, hope he does well for us but as mentioned needs time to work at the weaker aspects of his game.

Great stat about besic/McCarthy there - without McCarthy we've won no games - with besic we've won no games.

Keep mccarthy on the field and besic off it and we should do ok.

Great stat about besic/McCarthy there - without McCarthy we've won no games - with besic we've won no games.

We are definitely better with McCarthy in the side but it's a bit harsh to write Besic off so early especially as he hasn't played alongside our best midfielder yet.

You are seriously having a laugh
McCarthy has probably 200 games in the prem
To besic's 5/6 think he has started at Liverpool Man Utd Spurs & City and people think he should be dropped because we haven't won a game yet
I think McCarthy is a great player
But what I've seen of besic
For me he's got a lot more to his game and will long term be the better player
McCarthy is great at what he does and you need them players in your team biro haven't see him pick up the ball spin his marker and drive to half way
Ok he's got some flaws at the moment but give the guy a couple of seasons and he will be a fantastic player

Expected intense skills all of the time after that first touch.

Never materialised.

That would be quite stupid if he'd do it all the time in PL. He does it sometimes ( I think more than needed) and sometimes it's dangerous. Needs to develop his physicality, headers (as mentioned above it is his huge weakness) but PL is not about showboating especially not for DMs.

That would be quite stupid if he'd do it all the time in PL. He does it sometimes ( I think more than needed) and sometimes it's dangerous. Needs to develop his physicality, headers (as mentioned above it is his huge weakness) but PL is not about showboating especially not for DMs.
I'm not suggesting he should be mate, I just expected him to get carried away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.