MSP Sports Capital

Unless they've overcame the hurdle; R&M/Vibrac were the ones who blocked MSP to begin with;

Don't know the details as to why, so you'd imagine that they'd have either struck a deal to work alongside them or preferable paid them off so they need no longer have association with Everton.
Fortunately, the crooked ball bag who set up signed off of both Vibrac AND rights and media is no longer around to wet his beak on those kinds of deals.

I guess poor Jenny will have to get by with the tens of millions from his sale of shares to Moshiri, and if they get a bit tight, sell of his remaining shares (circa 7m)

Surely there's got to be some more middle eastern princes out there who are due a football club as a birthday present ?

Tim Cahill should know a few with his Qatar links

IF all this is true (it still sounds somewhat iffy to me- a loan clause to take control of the club that no one knew about until a week ago?) I’m sure the PL will be aware.

It would explain why the MSP loan is a feature of the PL “conditions”- in reality 777 cannot take control without repaying the loan. But that would’ve been known from the start- so if 777 couldn’t repay the MSP loan along with the other costs of taking over why even begin this process?

Again, IF true that MSP have the option to take control mid month, and IF they are even minded to do so, you would like to think there’s been communication with the PL and they are getting ducks in a row to fast track the OAD test. There’s no time to waste.

Conversely if MSP did take up the option and it is an option, they would swap places with 777, given that, 777 now have to pay MSP, MSP would have to pay back 777.

MSP would also have to go through; the PL fit and proper person test, but that is unlikely to be an issue, given their portfolio, however the PL would have to enforce the exact same conditions on them as they did with 777 I.e. gaurentee of working capital and stadium funding.

The choice for MSP would be whether they would want to take that on or not as it’s a big, big cash call and they would be in deep.

If MSP did call in the option, then it values the club at £310 mill odd, weirdly Moshiri wins as though he would loose control of the club, his shareholding would have a nominal value of £150 off million - weirdly more then he will get from 777 for his full shareholding.

If I didn’t know how incompetent he is, one might suggest this is by design……

Conversely if MSP did take up the option and it is an option, they would swap places with 777, given that, 777 now have to pay MSP, MSP would have to pay back 777.

MSP would also have to go through; the PL fit and proper person test, but that is unlikely to be an issue, given their portfolio, however the PL would have to enforce the exact same conditions on them as they did with 777 I.e. gaurentee of working capital and stadium funding.

The choice for MSP would be whether they would want to take that on or not as it’s a big, big cash call and they would be in deep.

If MSP did call in the option, then it values the club at £310 mill odd, weirdly Moshiri wins as though he would loose control of the club, his shareholding would have a nominal value of £150 off million - weirdly more then he will get from 777 for his full shareholding.

If I didn’t know how incompetent he is, one might suggest this is by design……

Yes, it does seem that way, MSP get a controlling stake in Everton for the £140 million loan they gave Moshiri with the option to pay a further £130 million for the rest of his shares and Moshiri gets the preferred option he wanted to start with before R & M blocked the initial 25% stake

In a nutshell Tommye, you are bang on 👍

The grey area is whether MSP/Andy Bell actually want to take control of the club.
I genuinely think they won't fancy it.

They never wanted a full takeover in the first place if my memory serves me right? Especially after looking under the bonnet and if anything it's got considerably worse since they last checked.

Yes, it does seem that way, MSP get a controlling stake in Everton for the £140 million loan they gave Moshiri with the option to pay a further £130 million for the rest of his shares and Moshiri gets the preferred option he wanted to start with before R & M blocked the initial 25% stake
But then the question is can R&M block this too? Would they need to be paid off too?