Moyes: No EFC contract talks until after end of January

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's used this tactic before with players as well as the chairman and it usually works. He keeps them dangling and makes them sweat. Kenwright will need to pull out all the stops in January to demonstrate that he is serious about progress. It's looking like Forren, Odjidja and some sort of striker/creative player in the next window by all accounts.

I don't think the timing is right for him to move to a Champions League side (if they are interested in him), he's loyal to his players and he's still to fulfill his ambition of winning anything with us, so I can't see him going anywhere. It's a piece of brinksmanship.

If worse comes to worse and Moyes did go and it never worked out for AVB at spurs I'd take him, loves his youth and we have a fair share of good young players coming through as well as a good academy who he could possibly improve, love the way he manages as well. It didn't work out for him at Chelsea purely because of there egos, Moyes' policy has meant there's no one at Everton with a real attitude problem.
Doubt AVB would take the job at Everton if it became available but you never know do you... stranger things have happened, like city winning the league last year ffs. Who were they a few years ago?

Moyes did go and it never worked out for AVB at spurs I'd take him,

andre-villas-boas-funny.jpg

Has no one considered it is moyes way of putting himself in the shop window?

We all know he wanted the spurs job in the summer, his comments on BBC euros panel was desperation to get the job.

Moyes is not a winner. Hes also too negative at times. He kept Vellios last week waiting on the sidelines for 7minutes. RIDICULOUS.

It was always going to happen.

It's time for Bill to have a good old think. In the past, if another team was to tempt Moyes away then Bill would get away with using the Moyes compo money to lure another manager, thus him again not having to dip into his pocket.

Moyes needs 6/7m MINIMUM to spend in January on reinforcements or I think he will walk away in the summer.

Over to you, Bill.

Moyes is just pushing for more wages for himself. I cant see a better job available for him at the end of the season.

Moyes is just pushing for more wages for himself. I cant see a better job available for him at the end of the season.

This has quite blatantly got nothing to do with contract negotiations as he said he won't discuss his contract until after this is resolved.

A better offer from who exactly ?

He is one of the top paid managers in the world, and he has never won a thing.. Your a Moyes fan, thats fine, I just like a bit of perspective.. and I realise this forum isnt the place most of the time for that, but Im trying.

A better offer may not just be his salary. A better offer could easily come from an owner or board with cash to spend saying come here, build a club, and I'll back you financially with a guarantee of 15m per year for transfers, and at least half of funds raised from player sales goes back to moyes budget, and anything he doesn't spend rolls into his budget for next year.

If moyes is convinced he will never get the finances he needs to compete with us, the day will come when he jumps to another club. It's so as too because I think with just a little ore cash, we would be competing for he top spots... Moyes doesn't need city kind of cash, just a little more room, maybe one more player a year.

i wouldnt be surprised if they made moyes a promise the last time he signed a contract and lied to him about giving him investment for transfers so he learned a bit. And dont blame him one bit for this stance. But if he gets this investment and they still stumble he's got nobody to blame but himself.

i wouldnt be surprised if they made moyes a promise the last time he signed a contract and lied to him about giving him investment for transfers so he learned a bit. And dont blame him one bit for this stance. But if he gets this investment and they still stumble he's got nobody to blame but himself.

Am sure last time he signed a new contract he was promised one promised one big money signing a season I.e. around the felliani mark. Could be wrong but am sure I read it just after he signed his current contract. Anyone else remeber anything like that?

This has quite blatantly got nothing to do with contract negotiations as he said he won't discuss his contract until after this is resolved.

Chelski will give him a 5-year contract with complete control of the team, and no threats of axing him after less than the full contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.