Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

• Total voters
Got to be Rooney, surely?

I loved many of them tbh, Baines, Southall, Kanchelskis etc. but Rooney was probably better than them before he even left, TBF, and he was one of us.

Many say he became a better player at United but I preferred his raw style and substance at Everton before tactics and playing second fiddle to Ronaldo etc. dampened his potential.

I really hated how Moyes handled Rooney, I remember him going on about how Everton had to protect Rooney.. and me screaming for him to play every minute of every game we were never going to keep him at Everton should have ran him to bits every game.
Ah the old Kobe Bryant defence

Sad thing about Rooney is he should have been the best player in the world. He had a great career, but never came close to meeting his potential.
Rooney was world class and not many like him, but we will all have different opinions on this, it's the whole point of the thread.
And for me, Rodriguez was on a different level when it comes to natural talent..

None of you voting for Rat Snakely?

1715299667408.png

@Goat

I went for Areta because he was so integral to how we played for an extended time, until the injury and the snide change in attitude.
James was something else though. His ability to see and slip passes through was laser guided.
The weight of that pass to ritchie at anfield is the most sensual moment you could hope to witness

Pure natural ability I’m going with Lukaku.

Best match of talent and skill is Rooney. He could do anything on the pitch, I don’t think you can say the same about James.

The weight of that pass to ritchie at anfield is the most sensual moment you could hope to witness
I can watch that goal all day long cos that is pure James. Head tennis until it drops to him, bring it down and slide the perfect pass through to allow a shot on goal. Utter class act. Shame football seems to have lost the maveric playmaker currently.

What on earth made you include Cahill?

Hard work and application, maybe.

Talent? He had no pace, couldn't tackle, bang average passer of the ball. (On a good day)

"All he does is score goals" sums him up to a tee.

Douccore is today's version. You can excuse his all round poor play when he's scoring, when he isn't he's an absolute dog. A hard working dog, mind.