Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll get better and better as he gets match fit. I like how Koeman is working him in. Eventually, I'd like to see a starting pair of Schneiderlin and Gueye with McCarthy as back up. Barry can play the odd match here and there but he's just too slow now.

i'm a little surprised people are seemingly a bit disappointed in him today. Honestly he was fine, and actually helped us win the game.

His passing was neat, clean, he didn't give the ball away, pretty sure he made about 3-4 interceptions/tackles and him coming on allowed barkley and davies push a little further forward as they didn't have to worry as much about protecting barry's lack of mobility, he did the job he was told to pretty well.

He isn't going to be dominating games in that respect until he is fully match fit but i'm sure he'll start our next game and keep on improving.

People looking for a bit of skill or anything like that.. you aren't going to get that, he isn't that type of player. He is a hard working, good interceptor and tackler who can pass. The ball to Coleman was a little sign of that.

Either way he will fit in perfectly with the 'new' style everton have and Koemans tactics.

He can and will distribute. He can make those killer passes, but he'll obviously have to get used to the movement up front from Ross, Rom, Kev, and hopefully another option or two.

Are people actually slating him? Good Christ.

He was neat and tidy and helped us win the game, several key blocks and headers too and helped get us back on the attack. That sort of stuff is what he was bought for, not beating 9 players over 50 yards and lashing it Top Corner.

He will start "getting into" games more and more as his match fitness builds. He was more noticeable today than he was against City for example. By March I think he'll be absolutely boss for us.

Its good to finally have a problem, where in less than 2 weeks we will have trouble deciding who do we leave out of the midfield. Gana has cemented his place, but its awfully hard to leave Davies out right now. I almost wonder if Koeman doesnt consider trying Davies at attacking mid for a game, due to his seeming propensity to pick out great passes to put our forwards in.

Its good to finally have a problem, where in less than 2 weeks we will have trouble deciding who do we leave out of the midfield. Gana has cemented his place, but its awfully hard to leave Davies out right now. I almost wonder if Koeman doesnt consider trying Davies at attacking mid for a game, due to his seeming propensity to pick out great passes to put our forwards in.
This.

Schneiderlin, Gana, Mccarthy, Davies, Barkley, Barry.

Only 3 can play. And one of those need to be Barkley or Davies in a more advanced role. Excellent problem. Still consider Barry useful, won't play against sides we dominate but should start against teams we sit back against.

Then there is Besic....

Would be a boss midfield for Europa next yr as well. Legitimately if all are fit could rotate and mix/match dependant on who we play

Davies looks like one of them players who can do a good job anywhere on the pitch.

It looks like Morgan, Gana and Barkley from now on. But how do you leave out Davies?
And playing Barry for 60 mins is a solid tactic. Coleman out on the right flank looks smart too
as does our new formation in general.

I thought Morgan was quite good yesterday and importantly he also brings height to our team.

Can't see any justification to drop Davies. Gana has been outstanding at tackling and intercepting.
Davies isn't as good at tackling but he's better at the offensive part of the game. The team is more balanced with him in it. Just look at the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.