MoM v AEK

MoM Tonight...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodwell is getting alot of votes because he was different class, he bossed the game from back to front. It may be his favored position but the hardest thing to do in football is to control a game. He was doing it with so much control and composure.

People can talk about the opposition all they want but I didn't see Fellaini or Cahill doing it, as good as they where, they didn't dominate like Jack did on the day. Nothing to do with a Golden boy attitude, he just oozes class.

But to be fair to Gosling he did play well, he wasn't on Rodwell's level but it was a very promising attacking performance at right fullback. I still doubt he's got the ability to be a quality midfielder (as I've said in the past) but he looked very positive at right back. Could be a future position for him.

Rodwell does look a star in the European games, I think the tempo of the opposition suits him this early in his development.

For the prem I think what he needs to buiild on his positioning, his awareness around him to sharpen, bit of speed on the ball, and maybe a little nasty side (not nasty per say but that bit of bite in his tackling).

But that should all come with time.

Rodwell does look a star in the European games, I think the tempo of the opposition suits him this early in his development.

For the prem I think what he needs to buiild on his positioning, his awareness around him to sharpen, bit of speed on the ball, and maybe a little nasty side (not nasty per say but that bit of bite in his tackling).

But that should all come with time.

I think it's away games that are tough for him, they seem to be tough for all our midfield at the moment, even the experienced lads. Which is quite worrying to be honest.

At home, in Europe and the League he looks quality. His positioning definitely needs work but that's only natural considering he's only been playing centre midfield a two and half seasons.

I said during the game we where playing with a three in the middle, Rodwell sitting and Cahill and Fellaini interchanging. If that is going to be the combination then that's what I'd like to see, more of a 4-3-2-1. Keep the middle tight and let Pienaar and Billy work the magic.

I have to say if there was an option to vote for them, it would be a hands down victory........ for Athens fans.

I thought they were outstanding in support, and entertaining in their passion. All you could hear all night was the voice of the Greeks.

There's something about supporters from around the world that leave English supporters looking a little boring by comparison.

Can't wait to see the away tie.

I think it's away games that are tough for him, they seem to be tough for all our midfield at the moment, even the experienced lads. Which is quite worrying to be honest.

At home, in Europe and the League he looks quality. His positioning definitely needs work but that's only natural considering he's only been playing centre midfield a two and half seasons.

I said during the game we where playing with a three in the middle, Rodwell sitting and Cahill and Fellaini interchanging. If that is going to be the combination then that's what I'd like to see, more of a 4-3-2-1. Keep the middle tight and let Pienaar and Billy work the magic.

I hope so.

The reason why I mention speed of awareness is that when he gets rushed or hurried he panics a little and loses the ball.
He'll get better at stopping that.

Its why I think Heitinga may step in at some point. Bit more experienced, calmer under pressure.

I have to say if there was an option to vote for them, it would be a hands down victory........ for Athens fans.

I thought they were outstanding in support, and entertaining in their passion. All you could hear all night was the voice of the Greeks.

There's something about supporters from around the world that leave English supporters looking a little boring by comparison.

Mentioned that during the match. If it was us or most of the teams in the prem that were 3-0 down at half time then down to 10 men, we'd spit our dummy out and probably leave lol.

Rodwell amazes me every time I see him, the lad oozes class.

Going to be an amazing player for years.

Nailed on to go the World Cup i think.

ive given mine to Yobo, personally its the best ive seen him play in a while, the first game that hes actually looked assured and composed after the exit of lescott
maybe his temporary partnership with distin will be a wonderstroke my moyesey
and a goal for the stand in captain
what else can you ask for?

Rodwell the new Makelele?! Yobo had his best game for ages, perhaps the extra responsibility of being captain gives him the focus he needs. If Bily hadnt injured his balls (well thats what it looked like!) I reckon he wouldve got a debut goal

Ive been to a couple of games over here, they go wild for the entire 90 minutes even in friendlies.

The return leg could be a bit moody in all honest as there plenty of whoppers smashed out of their face who kick off every game.

We should be sound though, they'll like us for our handsome good looks.

Baines, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.