2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to give it another season, definitely. It’s a very different situation to DCL though. A striker who cost £1.5m from league one and is bought for the Under 23s Is obviously going to have less expectation on them than a full international bought for £27m and trumpeted by many as one of the biggest talents in world football. It’s a bit disingenuous to compare their situations to be honest.
Yep. And Dom is an athletic specimen, so he was all about potential to begin with. Kean is an athlete as well, but not in the same stratosphere as Dom. He has to stand out in some way or he won’t make it here.

Can he hold the ball up? Not yet.
Is he a goal scorer? Not yet.
Does he have a high work rate? It REALLY wavers. Newcastle was incredible from him. Everything else? Emphatic no

Dom, for all his faults had the right attitude and work rate. Remains to be seen with Kean. It is too early though, so I hold out hope we see him grow into Newcastle Kean. It’s concerning however that Carlo isn’t giving him minutes.

Yep. And Dom is an athletic specimen, so he was all about potential to begin with. Kean is an athlete as well, but not in the same stratosphere as Dom. He has to stand out in some way or he won’t make it here.

Can he hold the ball up? Not yet.
Is he a goal scorer? Not yet.
Does he have a high work rate? It REALLY wavers. Newcastle was incredible from him. Everything else? Emphatic no

Dom, for all his faults had the right attitude and work rate. Remains to be seen with Kean. It is too early though, so I hold out hope we see him grow into Newcastle Kean. It’s concerning however that Carlo isn’t giving him minutes.
Agree with all your points,I think we may as well keep him next season to see if he can succeed. There is no way at this point any Italian side would part with anything like the money we paid for him.It would be a loan with us paying some of his wages
At best some sort of player exchange

Moise Kean big disappointment...

Want him to succeed but not convinced...

Hope I am wrong & I know he is young but can't see it in him myself...

I think we have to give it another season, definitely. It’s a very different situation to DCL though. A striker who cost £1.5m from league one and is bought for the Under 23s Is obviously going to have less expectation on them than a full international bought for £27m and trumpeted by many as one of the biggest talents in world football. It’s a bit disingenuous to compare their situations to be honest.

The fee paid has no impact on how long it may take a player to adjust. If we had paid £30m for DCL he wouldn't have progressed any quicker than he has done.

Some of us aren't convinced by DCL now you mention it! Kean just looks like he doesn't have a football brain and he doesn't even have pace. How much time will it take before you come to a conclusion that he can't hack it.

I'd like to see more than I have if I'm honest. He hasn't played a lot has he?

The fee paid has no impact on how long it may take a player to adjust. If we had paid £30m for DCL he wouldn't have progressed any quicker than he has done.
That’s a pretty ridiculous argument. Of course you expect more from a player who cost that sort of money, that’s why you’re paying more. We can’t give a £27m player 4 years to see if he adjusts and then let him leave on a free, so your comparison doesn’t work however Much you Wish it did.

I think Ancelotti's attitude is looking up at the Europa places above rather than being relieved to pull away from the dogfight below. He's not come here to settle for mid table obscurity.
Claus, I think you are correct in which Carlo is looking, but he’s not stupid, he knows he won’t do it with squad of players.

You expect a bit more bang for your buck at 27m. Can take into age different country etc. But we've had zilch for 27m. I wonder how many other clubs would have paid that. Not many i bet. Wasted so much money from koeman onwards.

I still can’t believe that in injury time when 1-0 up he starts taking on players on the edge of our box and loses possession. Pretty sure Dunc dragged him off at OT for not listening. Just doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid
Can people please remember back to this time last year.
We had DCL who couldn’t hit a barn door, Toshun who could but only in lower leagues and Niasse as strikers.
We needed a striker, we spent £28 mill on one who was scoring in Serie A.

Now because DCL has been transformed and Richie has become a striker the lad bought to score goals is given a free pass for doing absolutely nothing other than bang a few strippers during lockdown!

Got a feeling he will be swapped for someone else in Italy. He looked totally lacking in discipline when he came on yesterday.

That’s a pretty ridiculous argument. Of course you expect more from a player who cost that sort of money, that’s why you’re paying more. We can’t give a £27m player 4 years to see if he adjusts and then let him leave on a free, so your comparison doesn’t work however Much you Wish it did.

How much a player costs has no impact on their development, sorry.

You expect a bit more bang for your buck at 27m. Can take into age different country etc. But we've had zilch for 27m. I wonder how many other clubs would have paid that. Not many i bet. Wasted so much money from koeman onwards.
Can people please remember back to this time last year.
We had DCL who couldn’t hit a barn door, Toshun who could but only in lower leagues and Niasse as strikers.
We needed a striker, we spent £28 mill on one who was scoring in Serie A.

Now because DCL has been transformed and Richie has become a striker the lad bought to score goals is given a free pass for doing absolutely nothing other than bang a few strippers during lockdown!

What do you think of Arsenal spending £27mil on Saliba to stay at Saint Etienne on loan for a season (11 games) ?

Kean is training with and in the squad every game.

The boy needs stability.

How much a player costs has no impact on their development, sorry.
How much a player costs should take into account how developed a player already is, and how far you think they can develop. When you take a £1.5m punt on a player for the under 23s, giving them 4 years to develop into a key player is pretty much what you expect to happen. If they do it at all, it’s a bonus. When you buy a £27m international for your first team, it isn’t. This really shouldn’t need explaining to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.