Mikel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the news I wanted to read after arriving back from Engand, but no surprise though. Enormous blow to our chances for this season. Everyone just went silent on saturday when Mikky went down. To see him stretchered of really ruined my day. Hate those Geordie bastards even more now, after the songs about breaking Mikel Arteta's leg.

I'm more worried about the impact of the injury on his long term fitness. I'm looking at Owen and Jonny Wilkinson who have never recaptured their glory after injuries like this. Same thing happened to Colin Bell at Man City - never the same player again.

Really hope that Mikel comes back strong and well - he played through pain for us last season and deserves to recover from this setback.

Good luck under the surgeon in Spain, Mikky.

I think he'll be ok. Owen suffered because his game relied so much on pace. Arteta doesn't really have that problem. Wilkinson suffered because he put himself about more than he should have done, a bit like James Vaughan. Again, not something Arteta really suffers from.

Of course it won't be easy and it will take time for him to recapture his best form but I think he will do.

Yippee.

Mikky will be like a new signing next summer.

As for Everton, yes he was an integral part of our resurgence but someone else will step up. They always do.

We'll finish 6th for sure now. The FA Cup I think we have enough to get to the SF and we'll require a huge amount of luck after that.

Nightmare season. It could have been alleviated with some quality signings in both transfer windows.
Its about us having money to make those signings though isnt it?? i think its clear we aint got a pot to piss in and frankly and i cant beleive i'm going to say this..we're right not to get into any more debt than we're in already tbh.

But as for Mikel being out its a sickner thats for sure.

Yippee.

As for Everton, yes he was an integral part of our resurgence but someone else will step up. They always do.

Does that mean Dr. Steadman's medical bill will be our entire transfer budget?

Yippee.

he better be, he'll probably be the closest thing to a new signing we get next summer.

oh and shandy will come good, next season is when it finally happens for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.