Michael Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he doesn't have much competition to be the best Ref in the country at the moment - we have some serious strokers put in charge of matches at the moment.

But credit where it is due he was pretty much bang on apart from not booking Kennedy early on.

Couldn't understand why he didn't book Kenedy early doors but apart from that that I thought he was brilliant, he let the game flow where he could and dealt with Costa and Barry correctly when he had to.
By the way loved the way Terry looked like a fish out of water when he came on, there was feck all he could do and the look on his face throughout was priceless, it was if old Gus was ripping the piss putting him on.

Pretty much laid down the standard for how you'd prefer a game to be handled but I thought both sides also played it well, even if it was scrappy. Felt more like a game from the 90's. Bit too much crying from Chelsea, though, considering the stakes...if they'd cared as much about what wasn't happening they might have done something.

After mirallas got booked last week for diving, Costa should have gone after diving at least twice after his booking

The fact that there are three pages on here fawning over a ref doing a decent job says more about his colleagues than him.

Something should be done about that pack of rats hounding refs at every possible opportunity though.

After watching Marriner and Atkinson today, I have new found love for Oliver. What a difference a decent refereeing performance makes.

he was very good. especially when you compare the performance that Atkinson just gave in the Utd / West Ham game

Spot on, I think possibly the only thing he got wrong was the second yellow for Barry, as Fabregas knew exactly what he was doing and Oliver bought it. Other than that a very good performance .
Nonsense, and Barry would agree with me.

Still, gives him next week off to rest up because my word we look a much better side with him in it.

After watching Marriner and Atkinson today, I have new found love for Oliver. What a difference a decent refereeing performance makes.
Probably the best ref in the country, in the Arsenal game today the Gabriel challenge was a blatant red and in the West Ham game the latest challenge was a blatant pen. These men are professionals now earning a substantial wage and should be judged as such, most of them are woefully inadequate.

Only criticism was not booking that Kenedy after 3 fouls in about a 5 minute period in the first half.
thats exactly as i saw it too, gave him one too many indiscretions, as it turned out, I don't think it mae
Couldn't understand why he didn't book Kenedy early doors but apart from that that I thought he was brilliant, he let the game flow where he could and dealt with Costa and Barry correctly when he had to.
By the way loved the way Terry looked like a fish out of water when he came on, there was feck all he could do and the look on his face throughout was priceless, it was if old Gus was ripping the piss putting him on.
i though that about Kenedy but as it turned out, I dont think he was involved in anything fruity after that where he may have had a second yellow so it didnt make any difference. Excellent game by the ref, tried to let it flow and wasnt scared to take play back some considerable time if there wa no advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.