Mason Springthorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Robles was just a cheap panic buy last year. Howard was away and we needed a keeper for pre season. Robles had done ok for Wigan so we gave him a chance. Personally I don't rate him and I think we should have looked to signing a younger player with more potential as a future Howard replacement

Stanek will be the young option I think. Got a good feeling about this kid. No idea why.

I don't think Robles was a panic buy at all either. Martinez clearly likes him and you don't play a panic buy in FA Cup games!

Stanek will be the young option I think. Got a good feeling about this kid. No idea why.

I don't think Robles was a panic buy at all either. Martinez clearly likes him and you don't play a panic buy in FA Cup games!

I'm hoping stanek is alright too.

Plenty of sides play second choice keepers in cup games to rotate and keep them happy. I'd rather howard plays the cup games too. I think if he rated him he would have been given more chances in the premierleague.

Not sure how it will work this season, as does europa league count as cup games in terms of games Robles will play?

Tough gig being a young keeper. You seldom get game time in the first team (as in you don't get 10 minutes here and there like in other positions), and any mistake instantly has you branded as hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.