Martinez on Skys Transfer show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we do not want to lose Fellaini in fact we need another class midfielder to slot in along side him Osman - Pienaar all look to old and past their best to me -Those fans who say we will not miss him as an easy replacement can be found is absurd he plays in a top Belgium International side - he has premiership experience with a good goal tally - DM has left to pastures new, but he has left us with an aging side. I mentally went through the ages, 75% of the team is 29 going on 30 years old or late 20's and the like of Gibson is injury prone! RM has a long job in rebuilding this present team with limited resources I am afraid it will take time for him to impose his brand of football of pass and move style I just hope we have the added bonus of Baines , and Fellaini staying put for this season at least!
Moyes key players over 30, the spine of the team is over 30
Jagielka = 31 This month
Distin = 35 this month
Howard= 34
Osman= 32
Pienaar = 31
Moyes under 30s
Johnny =29
Fellaini = 25
Coleman =24
Jelevic =27
Mirallas =25
Gibson =25
Baines =28
Naismith = 26
Victor = 25

Moyes not really left an aging team, just a small squad and two of our key players in Osman and Pienaar needs replacing in the next 16 months. Martinez had brought in Alcaraz who is 31 and defenders can last longer, Stones might save us a fortune as an up and coming defender.
Why we’re looking bare is that Gibson cannot be relied on, Osman and Pienaar are going downhill, their replacements for this season could be Barkley who most of would like to see have a good run and to see if he can grow. Deulofeu could take over Pienaar, Alcaraz takes over Distin.
This tells us do we keep fellaini or bring in two cm with the money? My ideal solution would be
Deulofeu………Fellaini………Barkley………Mirallas
And this is possible for us, we then have Gibson, Osman, Pienaar and Oviedo for backup. We’re still missing that extra defensive midfielder, maybe Johnny could do a job, I can understand why some fans wanted Barton to come in on a free but he is a massive risk and can turn the club into a circus.
The issue we could have if Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu are not good enough for this level? I'm excited to find out

The thing is we do not want to lose Fellaini in fact we need another class midfielder to slot in along side him Osman - Pienaar all look to old and past their best to me -Those fans who say we will not miss him as an easy replacement can be found is absurd he plays in a top Belgium International side - he has premiership experience with a good goal tally - DM has left to pastures new, but he has left us with an aging side. I mentally went through the ages, 75% of the team is 29 going on 30 years old or late 20's and the like of Gibson is injury prone! RM has a long job in rebuilding this present team with limited resources I am afraid it will take time for him to impose his brand of football of pass and move style I just hope we have the added bonus of Baines , and Fellaini staying put for this season at least!

I've never quite agreed with this old squad thing. Yes we have some aging players but they are GK, CB and and a couple of midfielders where we have other younger options (Osman pienaar - Barkley Naismith delufoe). We have older legs where you can get away with it as all teams have.

Jagielka = 31 This month
Distin = 35 this month
Howard= 34
Osman= 32
Pienaar = 31
Moyes under 30s
Johnny =29
Fellaini = 25
Coleman =24
Jelevic =27
Mirallas =25
Gibson =25
Baines =28
Naismith = 26
Victor = 25

Moyes not really left an aging team, just a small squad and two of our key players in Osman and Pienaar needs replacing in the next 16 months. Martinez had brought in Alcaraz who is 31 and defenders can last longer, Stones might save us a fortune as an up and coming defender.
Why we’re looking bare is that Gibson cannot be relied on, Osman and Pienaar are going downhill, their replacements for this season could be Barkley who most of would like to see have a good run and to see if he can grow. Deulofeu could take over Pienaar, Alcaraz takes over Distin.
This tells us do we keep fellaini or bring in two cm with the money? My ideal solution would be
And this is possible for us, we then have Gibson, Osman, Pienaar and Oviedo for backup. We’re still missing that extra defensive midfielder, maybe Johnny could do a job, I can understand why some fans wanted Barton to come in on a free but he is a massive risk and can turn the club into a circus.
The issue we could have if Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu are not good enough for this level? I'm excited to find out
thats why a big bid for felli ans baines will not be turned down . if you get a bid of near 45 mill for the 2 then you can build a brand new young spine of a team. its a no brainer really .

I had the chance to welcome Bobby to the Everton family yesterday and he came over as a really nice guy, later I mentioned to someone how he impressed me and this guy told me that Bobby had gone out of his way to talk to everyone within the club
But remarked that that he hoped that Bobby needs to also have a nasty streak to make his mark, make of it what you will.

I had the chance to welcome Bobby to the Everton family yesterday and he came over as a really nice guy, later I mentioned to someone how he impressed me and this guy told me that Bobby had gone out of his way to talk to everyone within the club
But remarked that that he hoped that Bobby needs to also have a nasty streak to make his mark, make of it what you will.

Well he won the F.A Cup, the players at Wigan seems to respond to him, so i'm not too worried at the moment, he got to find his feet at first.

I think with Gibsons injury record having another CM is essential. Although Neville was past it last year between him and Hitzlesperger at least there was an option ( all be it short term and no where near as good) we've actually gone backward in that position. Bringing on Heitinga to play DM is desperation and we haven't even kicked a ball in the league yet

I think with Gibsons injury record having another CM is essential. Although Neville was past it last year between him and Hitzlesperger at least there was an option ( all be it short term and no where near as good) we've actually gone backward in that position. Bringing on Heitinga to play DM is desperation and we haven't even kicked a ball in the league yet

Spot on.

The likes of Heitinga and Osman can obviously play there but on an emergency basis when a few injuries strike. The fact we don't have 1 natural replacement to rotate/back up Gibson and fellaini is nothing short of embarrassing for a team/club of everton's stature.

I'd be amazed if we don't rectify this one way or another before the window shuts.

Jagielka = 31 This month
Distin = 35 this month
Howard= 34
Osman= 32
Pienaar = 31
Moyes under 30s
Johnny =29
Fellaini = 25
Coleman =24
Jelevic =27
Mirallas =25
Gibson =25
Baines =28
Naismith = 26
Victor = 25

look at you go with your crazy fonts!!!

(i agree with your points though)

Jagielka = 31 This month
Distin = 35 this month
Howard= 34
Osman= 32
Pienaar = 31
Moyes under 30s

Johnny =29
Fellaini = 25
Coleman =24
Jelevic =27
Mirallas =25
Gibson =25
Baines =28
Naismith = 26
Victor = 25

The ones in bold over 30 are key players two are centre mid added that we might lose Fellani and Gibson injured for a month it isn't looking great if we hold on to Baines and Fellani then we shpuld be ok!

So you call Brodgers a tit for coming out with statements totally in contrast to the reality on the ground, but you want Martinez to do the same?
Everyone everyone everyone knows that Everton don't want to sell Baines and Fellaini- But that's not to say they aren't for sale for a massive premium.
Bertie did good.

OK i would have been happy with " i dont want to sell Baines and Fellaini" he missed a chance to get some more Evertonians on side.

A lot of you must be success starved blues, who just shrug there shoulders when we are, possibly, about to loose, arguably, our best 2 players, agent Kenwright strikes again lol
Unfortunately i remember the better times when the top players wanted to join us, and only the best couple of teams in the world could tempt our players away.
sh1t fan me like:)

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah mate. He just said the usual 'we are working to get players in like we do in every transfer window'

He also said if we don't bring anyone in he is ok with this as he is very happy with the squad he has. Ryan Giggs said the same about united in his interview.

When he became manager and was asked about Baines,he said and Kenwright said sit down and improve contract for Baines!nothing mentioned since,more chance of silverware with best players staying!!

Im happy with our current squad, but would like one more signing of significance, preferably in Center mid to be truly happy.
Gibson is so important in the way we seem to be setting up under martinez, if he gets injured (which is a regular occurrence) we will be handicapped going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.