Martinez > Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come back when you can stop supporting Moyes and back the current team

I back the current team.

I dont blindly back useless players tho, thats never been my thing.

If somebodys utter tosh, im gonna call them utter tosh, if at some point Kone looks remotely like a footballer, I will admit I judged him wrong, but based on what ive seen so far and the few times I watched him last Season, hes quite possibly 1 of the worst players my eyes have ever witnessed.

I back the current team.

I dont blindly back useless players tho, thats never been my thing.

If somebodys utter tosh, im gonna call them utter tosh, if at some point Kone looks remotely like a footballer, I will admit I judged him wrong, but based on what ive seen so far and the few times I watched him last Season, hes quite possibly 1 of the worst players my eyes have ever witnessed.

You thought he was bad last year in the games vs us?

and backings the team in my books isnt coming down hugely on a player after less than 2 full games especially after a move and lack of a preseason

He played pre-season, I watched him stinking the place out.

And yes, he was bad versus us and all the other games I watched him in.

Whats the move gotta do with anything, hes joined Wigan lite, same Manager, nearly the same players and most of the coaching staff.

Think Ramadan had an effect on him,I am hoping so anyway,think for style we are playing we need quicker forwards than we have though,hope he comes good .

If I could just have a few moments to comment on Roberto and Kone etc.

1) Roberto has breezed into Goodison like a breathe of fresh air and started to be honest with us. He got an excellent start anyway picking up a decent team with a decent set of results in the past few years (instead of trying to correct a major problem)

2) His early transfer dealings have been encouraging - Kone hasn't started well I will grant you but, based on the rest of his judgements I think we will see an improved Kone in time - you should allow him some time and, if the rest of Roberto's calls are good then he knows Kone better than you or I do. Besides I thought Kone gave us a shedload of trouble in the game at the JJB. The dealings on the window were great - great sales at the right price and even a profit on trading (the only team in the PL to do so). When you listen to how angry some teams' fans are by the window we can sit back and relax on that one. 10/10 on September the 2nd for everyone at the club.

3) The football has been encouraging - the results less so but you have to remember that luck plays a big part in the outcome of games. Just by way of an example Bradford beat Brentford 4-0 today - Brentford minus McAleny (broken leg) and an early red card for the visitors. How much fortune plays a part in results is an overlooked factor. This same fortune hasn't shined too heavily on Everton so far - we dominated most of the game at Norwich - could easily have had a 3-1 lead (and good value for it) before we lucked out. We weren't great against West Brom (10 men back) but we were still a tad unfortunate not to win and don't get me started on Cardiff - it might be (in part) down to not nailing it on the hour with a 2nd striker but we were full value for a win (a penalty, a red card for the Cardiff player?) and lucked out.

4) The style of football is perfectly acceptable.

5) We might not win (or even draw) against Chelsea but I don't expect any panic buttons to be pushed yet.

In summary I urge you to be encouraged by the approach, if not the points total. These things "even themselves out" apparently over a season. Let's be supportive and see where we go.

This thread should be brought back after Christmas at the very earliest. It is a nonsense trying to judge players when they have barely played for the team.
Kone,McCarthy will be playing with better players than they were used to at Wigan.This will improve them as players and as the others get used to the Martinez system we will see these players settle and improve.

I watched the highlights of McCarthy against man u last season and he looks like quite a player, one that moyes wouldn't have had the courage to spend that amount of money on. Hopefully the same will be the case with kone. Martinez knows what he is doing and has bigger cojones than moyes. Fingers crossed anyway!

I watched the highlights of McCarthy against man u last season and he looks like quite a player, one that moyes wouldn't have had the courage to spend that amount of money on. Hopefully the same will be the case with kone. Martinez knows what he is doing and has bigger cojones than moyes. Fingers crossed anyway!

To be fair mate, Moyes spent 15 million on Fellaini at 19 and we've sold him on for nearly double that.

If I could just have a few moments to comment on Roberto and Kone etc.

1) Roberto has breezed into Goodison like a breathe of fresh air and started to be honest with us. He got an excellent start anyway picking up a decent team with a decent set of results in the past few years (instead of trying to correct a major problem)

2) His early transfer dealings have been encouraging - Kone hasn't started well I will grant you but, based on the rest of his judgements I think we will see an improved Kone in time - you should allow him some time and, if the rest of Roberto's calls are good then he knows Kone better than you or I do. Besides I thought Kone gave us a shedload of trouble in the game at the JJB. The dealings on the window were great - great sales at the right price and even a profit on trading (the only team in the PL to do so). When you listen to how angry some teams' fans are by the window we can sit back and relax on that one. 10/10 on September the 2nd for everyone at the club.

3) The football has been encouraging - the results less so but you have to remember that luck plays a big part in the outcome of games. Just by way of an example Bradford beat Brentford 4-0 today - Brentford minus McAleny (broken leg) and an early red card for the visitors. How much fortune plays a part in results is an overlooked factor. This same fortune hasn't shined too heavily on Everton so far - we dominated most of the game at Norwich - could easily have had a 3-1 lead (and good value for it) before we lucked out. We weren't great against West Brom (10 men back) but we were still a tad unfortunate not to win and don't get me started on Cardiff - it might be (in part) down to not nailing it on the hour with a 2nd striker but we were full value for a win (a penalty, a red card for the Cardiff player?) and lucked out.

4) The style of football is perfectly acceptable.

5) We might not win (or even draw) against Chelsea but I don't expect any panic buttons to be pushed yet.

In summary I urge you to be encouraged by the approach, if not the points total. These things "even themselves out" apparently over a season. Let's be supportive and see where we go.

What? I'm ****ing panicking now mate and you won't after 4 games without winning. That is shocking IMO.
West Brom home should be EASY 3 points.

all I'm saying is this...

martinez plays pretty football but it doesn't work. Go back to playing like stoke lads and actually win.

Status
Not open for further replies.