Martinez adds Dennis Lawrence to his backroom staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha i don't know what it is about the guy, maybe it's his gold tooth but doesn't seem right that he's replacing holden.

Steady on, Holden wasn't exactly Brian Clough.

If Dennis Lawrence is good enough for Martinez, then he's good enough for me.

haha i don't know what it is about the guy, maybe it's his gold tooth but doesn't seem right that he's replacing holden.

Holden had been at the club nearly 20 years, it was probably time for a change and a fresh face/voice.

It sounds a bit confusing. I'd have thought that the first-team development coach's job would be to develop the first team eg. work on skills. I wouldn't have thought that a 6 ft 8 former defender was the most appropriate man for the job. It would seem though, as he's working under Stubbs (and in place of Holden), that his role will be to help develop the U21/reserve side so that they're better equipped to make the step up.

Fingers crossed we will see more homegrown talent in the first-team over the next season or two. I'm not entirely sure about this set up though. Surely Martinez would want regular contact with his coaches and players to pass information on directly rather than going through somebody else.

Martinez has only appointed this guy because of his size -- he's the one who's going to pass on the message to Big Dunc that he's no longer wanted.....

Holden had been at the club nearly 20 years, it was probably time for a change and a fresh face/voice.

I did read that Holden was for ever taking a backwards step at the club = less work perhaps he wanted top go? Roberto has the right to choose who he wants!

Dennis lawrence is over the moon to be at Everton,my uncle is his agent,he only signed the contract tuesday afternoon,on the plus side as well my uncle is big mates with martinez, martinez is mr 24/7 FOOTBALL WISE

Dennis lawrence is over the moon to be at Everton,my uncle is his agent,he only signed the contract tuesday afternoon,on the plus side as well my uncle is big mates with martinez, martinez is mr 24/7 FOOTBALL WISE
Good to hear that mate... Glad to have him on board...

Better to fire Holden than Stubbs or Big Dunc, i guess. Anyone know the reason why he got the sack? That last sentence in the OS article is kind of wistful.

Despite all my skepticism, i have faith Martinez is doing a good job. Nothing like a flurry of new signings to earn my trust!

To be honest I don´t mourn a single one of the guys Moyes took with him, with the exception of that chief scout who I don´t even know the name of. Man Utd are welcome to the lot.

Sounds a bit like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.