Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sliced us open a fair few times as well though, causing Howard to have to make saves

We dominated in parts and United dominated in parts

This was a duel and Moyes side did enough to win but just didn't get the ball over the line when the chances presented themselves

We did

We went there, faced them head on and came out with the 3 points

Moyes even made some somewhat positive subs last night as well

He was by no means schooled

Have a look on Red Cafe...its like a car crash over there, with the worst elements of RAWK times 100. And Moyes is apparently still making comments...he's quoted as saying 'I told Roberto that the Everton team was in such good shape when I left that it didn't really need a manager'. oops !
To most United fans, Moyes needs a superb January window or he could be gone by summer. His tactical limitations and poor subs are being noticed more and more. It was OK him bringing a couple of attacking players on, but the fans are saying it was no a good move to leave the appalling Welbeck on, take Kagawa off, and put valencia at full back. They reckon he has no plan tactically and they are becoming a hoofball team(Well WE all knew that didn't we).

Pretty sure Moyes was complaining to the 4th official, with Martinez talking to a pkayer - Moyes isnt actually looking at Martinez.

He was, Lino gave a handball, Moyes was getting excited, Martinez was telling the boys to keep it calm, simple, the plans working, we're gonna do these.

I think any and all abuse given to Moyes and Fellaini were par for the course and indeed needed in a ruthless competitive environment.

We have been molly coddled for too long by Kenwright

Can you imagine the great John Moores having stood idly by with 10 years of failure at OT and Anfield?

No, he would have called for the nearest taxi and the manager would have been whisked away to be replaced by someone else.

Only someone with a truly obsessive agenda would try to turn this celebratory thread into another boring anti Kenwright bitch. Fortunately, you've failed dismally.

Have a look on Red Cafe...its like a car crash over there, with the worst elements of RAWK times 100. And Moyes is apparently still making comments...he's quoted as saying 'I told Roberto that the Everton team was in such good shape when I left that it didn't really need a manager'. oops !
To most United fans, Moyes needs a superb January window or he could be gone by summer. His tactical limitations and poor subs are being noticed more and more. It was OK him bringing a couple of attacking players on, but the fans are saying it was no a good move to leave the appalling Welbeck on, take Kagawa off, and put valencia at full back. They reckon he has no plan tactically and they are becoming a hoofball team(Well WE all knew that didn't we).

That forum is full of idiots. One thing I notice on there, is that sometimes, not long after a game has finished, you get the odd poster who says "good win for us tonight" even if it's after a 12.45 kick off. Speaks volumes I think.

Despite my allegiances I'm not one of these people who thinks that every Manchester United fan is a glory hunting bandwagoner, I actually go to Uni with a fan from Manchester - who is pretty humble about last night's result to be fair and thinks that you completely deserved the win - but that place is chock full of stereotypes. I remember having a read on there a few years ago, just before we played them in the cup (the Beckford game, not the mauling at the hands of their 6th string team) and there was a topic asking why they have a rivalry with Leeds, full of people not quite comprehending why they hate us and we hate them.

That place, along with RAWK, is great reading if you're bored and either team has lost not too long beforehand.

I love seeing us when we 'click' at the moment'

One of the things that really strikes me is how often coleman and oviedo get into the penalty area... coleman always seems to be in there.

I think it shows the freedom and confidence the players have at the moment, when you have your right back winning a free kick on the opposite corner of the penalty area in the last 5 mins at O.T. Also when you have your centre bag striding out with the ball in the last minute when you are one up.

It obviously hasn't clicked every game this season. But like Martinez said before ' anybody can win a game but to have long term success it's important to know how you won a game'
I think this is the main difference between us this year and us under Moyes - we are controlling games and at times look great doing it....one defeat by December - take that.
Just think where we could have been if we had turned a few of those draws into wins...could have been a very special season.

Status
Not open for further replies.