Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a bit pooh, but a great club captain, nearly every player said they were made to feel at home by him when they arrived, that he looked after them all whilst here, and was a key part of the togetherness of the team.
Also he had a lot of pride in playing for us, whether he said the right things where we were concerned is another matter.
Solid RB, mediocre DM and decent club captain.
Glad he's off now though, probably a season or two late in face, but glad we had him whilst we did.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?rls=...&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0,i:155&tx=66&ty=75

Neville Southall did an article on the game tomorrow.

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/12/03/neville-southall-manchester-united-are-still-title-contenders-but-so-are-everton/?area=blog_homepage_topstories&button=neville-southall-manchester-united-are-still-title-contenders-but-so-are-everton

Some bites of it...

Alex Ferguson tried to sign me for United, but after telling him to ‘**** off’ it wasn’t going to happen. He phoned me up one Sunday afternoon and said ‘hello Neville, this is Alex Ferguson’ and I said: yeah right, **** off Andy.

Andy Gray used to pull pranks like that back then and I assumed it was him! It wasn’t, it was the real deal.

There is a buzz around Goodison Park these days, a buzz I haven’t seen since we were winning leagues. Unlike how defensive we were under David Moyes, Roberto Martinez is going out to win matches and the fans are starting to believe Everton can do something special this year. I didn’t think he’d have the effect he has had when he was appointed, but in the space of four months he’s generated excitement at the club we rarely saw in 11 years of Moyes managing the club.

Everton should be aiming for the league title. I know I’m probably alone in thinking that, but this league is wide open. There is no standout team and this is a great chance for about three or four teams who haven’t got a look in on the title race for the last few seasons. A lot of teams are in transition and every one of the contenders has some issues.

Moyes has upset a few players by not playing them, but it’s to be expected. When you’re Alex Ferguson and you’ve won as many trophies as you have, you can get away with it, but it’s different when you’ve not actually won anything. Players still respond to success and that’s why some of them have been grumbling when they’ve been kept on the bench. You get players saying ‘what does he know?’ I saw it at Bradford. They brought Jim Jeffries in and the attitude was ‘who the **** is he? He’s never won **** all.’ In fairness they were right because he was ****ing useless, but it shows you how players think. ‘If you don’t pick me, you’re a nob’ – simple as.

The styles of the two managers couldn’t be much further apart. Martinez has his attacking philosophy and he won’t change it. There’s a few poor passes and bad decisions here and there, but it’s the way he plays and you have to take some risks with that style of football. Moyes on the other hand is cautious and always sends out his teams not to lose. Even when we go to Old Trafford on Wednesday, a place we haven’t won in since 1992, Martinez will try to win. I think we’ll get something out of the game. We’ll score and we could well get a draw.

I don’t ever regret not joining United. Fergie’s the best manager of all time and a great fella, but I don’t regret it. Your legacy is what you leave behind and what people think of you and Everton was perfect for me. To this day, when I got back, it’s unbelievable. It’s the memories you leave behind for the fans – the people who were paying your wages. To leave good memories for people is the best thing you can ever do and I don’t think I would have been able to do that at Manchester United. For me, I played at the best club in the world and for the best people in the world.

I’m not saying Everton will win the league this season, but the way they’re playing, we can give it a right good go. If we fail short and end up with Champions League football, I’ll gladly take that. If we make a couple of good signings in January, but if we do that, I don’t think we’ll be far off.

I love Big Nev! He doesn't mince his words, he's a blue through and through and really is a legend! I was fortunate enough to watch him play in the flesh throughout his peak - and he really was the best in the world - at that time! Phenomenal player!

Re. Utd game - I quite agree with him - I think we'll score, I think it could well be a tight game, 1-1 or something, I'm just hoping Deulofeu comes on in the last 20 and scores a blinder to make it 2-1!!! COYB!

Would be hilarious if we bag a win. It'll destroy Moyes terrible record at the place, and also kill their title chances.

You've put words in my mouth, as I never said anything of the sort. I said it'd be preferable if he was sat in the stands ffs & I've no idea why anyone would argue otherwise, given that he's a genuine World Class striker. As you can bet your arse that if his name isn't on the teamsheet tomorrow it'll give our lads a lift.

I'd rather Rooney in the stands than RVP to be honest. Better all round player who can damage from deeper positions.

Given the choice now, with no benefit of knowing what the result is, would you rather RVP in or out?[/QUO

I would want to test myself against the best but that's just me. He played against us at Goodison last season and we still beat them, I want smash them in their entirety in their own backyard. Bring them on and lets finally get this monkey off our back with no excuses

Haven't posted in a while, our midfield is wank with Jones out, expect us to undeservedly win 2-1 Rooney and RVP winner coming off the bench,. Sorry lads

Good luck with tomorrow night, can see a draw. Honestly Man United are well out of the title race I think. It'll be between Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea in that order.

Incidentally we'll be playing your gaffer's old club tomorrow, a match between the two clubs who knocked you out of the cups last season. Fate or what?

We're not gonna win though are we? I mean I really really want us to, but I dunno. We've got better fans, better manager, better Defence and Midfield, but Rooney can win games at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.