Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing Oviedo can play left or right wing too, so with that in mind, Garbutt could play a big part in the cups.
Does anyone else feel like they still don't really have a proper handle on Oviedo, because of the huge injury lay-off?

He was brilliant last season - absolutely brilliant - but I want to see more of him. Especially in midfield, and see him on the right. Properly judge his ability.

Very impressed, played a little too high at times and left himself open to counters but he's got a bite of pace in him. And he can defend. And a wand of a left foot too! Well in Lukey

Does anyone else feel like they still don't really have a proper handle on Oviedo, because of the huge injury lay-off?

He was brilliant last season - absolutely brilliant - but I want to see more of him. Especially in midfield, and see him on the right. Properly judge his ability.
Yes, need a season to really assess him, remember he played right wing against Norwich at home 2 seasons ago and he was the best player on the pitch. I think he'll take left wing off Pienaar once he's fit

I love baines and he is special but for me if an offer was on the table I would flog him for around £15 mil and have Oviedo and garbutt with £15 mil for a top quality winger/forward, with baines near 30 it would be the right time to reinvest with us having a quality ready made replacement and a good youngster as backup imo I think without pienaar and in RM's system in general baines isn't as effective/important as he was under moyes.

Im gonna say it we played some of our best stuff with Oviedo at LB last season.

Reckon we'd be lucky to get 8-10m for Baines. Getting on, ostensibly had a terrible world cup (though we all know why), just not sure he's as big a draw as he once was.

Baines FK and Peno's are worth 5M alone!

Whilst he's not as affective under Martinez, we still have the best 2 FB's in the league. We need to get out of this mentality of selling players. Baines still offers plenty, even if the team is not set up anymore for everything going thru him.

I like Oveido and he played very well at LB whilst Baines was injured but there's a difference between doing it over a dozen games and doing it over the season or several years. He's not a winger, he can do a job there but we need quality natural wingers to move forward.

Garbutt looks very good too. Very much like Shaw IMO. I'd personally like to see him get a loan move to a championship side, even a lower end PL side. Needs a solid run of higher level games.

Reckon we'd be lucky to get 8-10m for Baines. Getting on, ostensibly had a terrible world cup (though we all know why), just not sure he's as big a draw as he once was.

Ok there.

joe-biden-buy-a-shotgun-instead-of-an-ar-15-l-ma07up.jpeg

Agree to be honest, but only if we were struggling for money and needed to sell a big name player to get Lukaku in. Otherwise no.

We're spoiled for choice at left back, especially if Garbutt makes the grade too. Sorted for potentially the next 10 years.

For those being a tad negative about Bainesy I will reassure you he is still the player he was for the last few years. Only 30 and a good 4 years left in him. Not the same player for England as they are crap and don't know how to use him. As for Garbut if good enough for left back might free up Bainesy for his midfield holding roll we've heard so much about. I think we will see some very strange lineups this year from RM.

Status
Not open for further replies.