Lukaku or Bony

• Lukaku

Votes: 98 79.7%
  • Bony

Votes: 25 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No contest really, one will have the world at his feet in 2-3 years time with every major club whisking they'd bought him and the other will be at his 3rd club in 3 years.

i'd love lukaku, bony stinks of a case of the michu's and jelavic's to me, unknown in his first season scores a lot of goals then fades off as his game gets worked out.
obviously i could be wrong and he could end up at city/chelsea banging 30 a season but who knows....

Big rom fits, young, potential, easily recoup his fee if he plays well enough to attract a madrid etc after a few years here...

however, and this is my personal opinion here, i'd rather spend the money elsewhere......
If £15-17 million get's us remy and ba, with the left over cash towards a left sided attacking mid/winger and a couple of squad players i'd take that all day,
Imagine having the choice of remy/ba upfront with the option of both up top if necessary, with barkley, mirallas/mcgeady, and a tadic/pienaar/gerry etc behind them

Lukaku for me but as said won't get either both will go to clubs that pay decent transfer fees an we are not one of them

c7NJRa2.gif

If we are talking about spending the same amount of money on one or other of them, Lukaku wins for several reasons:

- younger, and therefore likely to improve by a greater margin
- already proven to function in our system
- greater body of previous work in the prem
- not going to wander off to the ACON every couple of years
- more likely to have a better sell-on value in three years' time (but I would keep him long term)

However, I would rather have Lukaku back on loan this year with an option to buy. We don't have a king's ransom to spend, and £25m is probably 85% of our transfer budget this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.