Lovely, lovely toffeetunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

when i score we riot

Player Valuation: £35m
I don't know if any one of you guys know of THIS SITE, which is basically one guy, probably scottish, crazily strumming along on his guitar all kinds of self-written Everton-themed songs, music inspired by well-known melodies and lyrics inspired by the chants and songs and lore of our fans.

He's really, really good. The energetic strumming and lo-fi feeling reminds me of early records from my absolute favourite band, The Mountain Goats. And the subject matter is my favourite club, i highly recommend you check out his songs, especially since we've just gone and beat chelsea in a shootout, right.

Hm, Couldn't embed. Link here

But here's the sad part: Everything was written and recorded around the time of our cup run for the final, like this lovely song above (love how he sings Leighton Baines' name twice, ha), but after that i guess the guy gave up in pure disillusion. Maybe he saw yesterday's game and will wake up again. Somebody should send the guy an email and ask for some more, cause the songs are enthusiastic, often funny and even quite touching. In that Everton way.

Totally loving the videos he's put up too, just mashing together all kinds of brilliant, oft confusing pictures to accompany the lyrics. I'll share my favourite song of his here, The Leaving of Goodison.
"It's not the leaving of goodison that grieves me, but our beer living far away!"

Embedding messed up: Link here

Yes I go on his site a lot.
Posted one or two of his songs on my facbook wall yesterday for a Chelsea fan friend lol.
Although to be fair to her, she did leave a well done on my wall right after the game

New Toffeetune - Leighton Baines - I Hope You know this song is about you

Thanks for the plug

You are indeed right - I was inspired by our Stamford Bridge result. Check out this brand new song on youtube at Toffeetunes ( this forum wont let me post the link)

And when we get past Reading I'll geting started on a Man City /villa dittyb)

Status
Not open for further replies.