Long and Lonely Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Player Valuation: £8m
I use ally post straight after the game to have a rant but thought for once I would wait until suitably calm and try and post something a little more subjective.

To be completely honest I think I would of been writing the same yesterday as I am today but with a little bit more swearing.

Inept - Howard tells us ( yes tells u) that we should not boo and work together, when is he going to start his bit?

Barkley is played in one position on Monday, does well and so next game is changed to accommodate an over the hill player who was not missed in the game he missed?

Cannot remember the last time Lukaku had a ball played to him that matches his style.

Cannot remember a cross or corner that beats first man, and if it did we dropped the player.

We had subs but decided not to bother?

All in all, a long and lonely winter with a bleak spring of scratching for results seems to be our future.

Grinding a home draw against the mighty Stoke and trying to keep the score down against the barcodes is all I can see.

I posted about two weeks ago about giving up on this squad and playing youth but was slated for being negative and that a team should want to get as high up the league, as possible, this I believe in also, but if the players are not performing and that is true about a lot of them for a long time, the manager has to make changes and give the fringe, youth also rans a chance.

Anyway, merry Xmas too all, had my rant and maybe if some of the players bothered reading toffeeweb and other such sites they would realize how [Poor language removed] they Re, shake a leg and maybe have a go.

Or stay at home with the same pathetic efforts and count their hard earned wages.......

Fair comments, but it was only six weeks or less ago that everyone felt we were heading for Top 4 and Europa glory as we had our best squad since the 80's?

Almost 45 years of football and Everton has taught me one thing for sure.......there will always be polar-opposite performances and periods ( or should that be 'moments'?) - and you have to endure the dross and the unacceptable to really enjoy that very brief moment of ecstasy. If I counted the number of Everton games I've been at after over 30 years of being an STH I reckon only 10% or even less would be in the 'fantastic' category, with the majority in the 'OK' band and at least 30% in the 'f*cking awful' section.

Being honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fair comments, but it was only six weeks or less ago that everyone felt we were heading for Top 4 and Europa glory as we had our best squad since the 80's?

Almost 45 years of football and Everton has taught me one thing for sure.......there will always be polar-opposite performances and periods ( or should that be 'moments'?) - and you have to endure the dross and the unacceptable to really enjoy that very brief moment of ecstasy. If I counted the number of Everton games I've been at after over 30 years of being an STH I reckon only 10% or even less would be in the 'fantastic' category, with the majority in the 'OK' band and at least 30% in the 'f*cking awful' section.

I'm sure someone quoted a saying on here "you never get two halves the same with EFC"well Bobby broke that one up yesterday,terrible in both halves!!good points though mate,to be honest I think we will be treading water this season in the league,this "style" of our seems set up for Europe bizarrely,I cling to the idea of a Glory Night in Warsaw next May,and this game yesterday and its ilk will long be erased from my memory.

It happens. But as bad as it was yesterday I still think this team will go on a run sooner or later. Not panic mode for me yet, bit of changing needed. We have a guy up front who will bang them in if they play to him, so play to him Blues.

Merry Christmas, have fun, be good. No matter how bad it gets you will never be a kopite, always a bright side.

I'm sure someone quoted a saying on here "you never get two halves the same with EFC"well Bobby broke that one up yesterday,terrible in both halves!!good points though mate,to be honest I think we will be treading water this season in the league,this "style" of our seems set up for Europe bizarrely,I cling to the idea of a Glory Night in Warsaw next May,and this game yesterday and its ilk will long be erased from my memory.

If we can't beat Southampton reserves then we're not winning the Europa. Anyone would think we had a bosscup record or something. This group of bottlers will choke at the first given opportunity like they always do.

If we can't beat Southampton reserves then we're not winning the Europa. Anyone would think we had a bosscup record or something. This group of bottlers will choke at the first given opportunity like they always do.
Same reaction after both Wolfsburg games?

Good post, made me laugh, just trying to stop any flashbacks to the multitude of bottle jobs now so it doesn't bring me down.

We've been here or lower at Christmas for the last 20 years barring maybe 3 seasons (the one we finished 4th and in the last 2 seasons)

We're a squad in transition with players who might have declined last season having what looked like seemingly one last hurrah and are now showing it.

We've not played our ideal first XI once. Our midfield pivot which went almost the whole season without issue has been badly affected this season and our star player is still hitting form.

We have a long way to go down before we have to play like the Walter Smith days I grew up with.

I thought the same and on the strength of Wolfsburg booked a flight from Brisbane and a hotel... brickin it now... 'kit going any way.

We've been here or lower at Christmas for the last 20 years barring maybe 3 seasons (the one we finished 4th and in the last 2 seasons)

We're a squad in transition with players who might have declined last season having what looked like seemingly one last hurrah and are now showing it.

We've not played our ideal first XI once. Our midfield pivot which went almost the whole season without issue has been badly affected this season and our star player is still hitting form.

We have a long way to go down before we have to play like the Walter Smith days I grew up with.
Right mate, but it don't make it any easier,plus Martinez doesn't strike me has a battler, i hope I am wrong like.

Don't think it was saints reserves they had 3/4 1st teamers out
We had 3
I do agree about the bottle tag though
And have said it myself in the past
The group of 6/7 players who have been at Everton 5 to 8 years roughly
Have bottled nearly every big game over the years
I said the other day on here and got slated that maybe selling Baines to Man Utd for the rumoured 16mil on dead line day may have been a good thing
With garbutt and Oviedo and quality young replacements
That money could have gone on a top quality winger/striker
Instead of 3mil on McGeady who isn't good enough and pienaar is finished
And when mirallas is out we have no quality back up

By the way I thought Baines was poor yesterday and is so poor at stopping crosses

I for one wanted moyes gone for 3 years before he left
Was sick of his negative tactics, ok
If he was still in charge we would probably have more points
But would end up probably 7th
And loosing in the last 16 of the Europa

I keep hearing that van Gaul
Needs 3/4 window before you can judge him
[Poor language removed] me he spent 150mil
In his 1st
Yet Martinez just gets tarnished with the he sent Wigan down
They couldn't defend bull [Poor language removed]
Especially by the media

I for one am glad Martinez is our manager
But he needs at least 3 years for me so he can get rid of the 30 something's and bring in his own players

I Would

Status
Not open for further replies.