London GOT Preferred pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpatton

Player Valuation: £1m
Well next sunday is a the first match where I don't have to make my way at the crack of dawn to Euston station for the 2 and a bit hour journey to watch our great team perform. I simply have to jump on a tube and in 25 minutes ish i'm at QPR although unfortunately there is no blue dragon for the fish and chips and there is only about 3000 instead of the normal 30000.

Down here in the big smoke its unfortunately nothing like Liverpool. There aren't really that many local boozers or community pubs like you get in Liverpool, its all All bar noone, and wetherspoons.

My alleged local is in wimbledon, which is a members club that my father in law managed to get me approved as a member although at 37 i am probably about half the age of the regular, and whilst my father in law is a fantastic person i do struggle not telling him that his daughter can be a right pain in the arris.

Anyway enough about me, I wanted to find out from the GOT establishment if there was any particular pubs you find yourself going to (bearing in mind, Chelsea, Fulham and QPR are only 15 minutes away from one another) for the London away games, and if not why not!

I work in the city / shoreditch area of the big smoke and when we play West ham i'm thinking about arranging something for those here (its adults only and you'll need to bring some pound coins and not for any fruit machine).

So is there anywhere thats considered a regular away game local in south west london? and if not and i find somewhere will any of you actually come?

What say you all?

Haha - think I know where thse pound coins will be going!! Me and my bro would be up for it yeah, both us based in southwark and work in old street. in terms of regular boozers, the famous three kings (although it is a rs pub) usually shows all the 3pm kick offs on a saturday so we go there a bit. i was at qpr last year and the shepherd's bush walkabout was where most everton fans seemed to head to. wembley there was obviously a few pubs set aside for everton; am going next week and the fulham game start of november so give us a shout!

Well next sunday is a the first match where I don't have to make my way at the crack of dawn to Euston station for the 2 and a bit hour journey to watch our great team perform. I simply have to jump on a tube and in 25 minutes ish i'm at QPR although unfortunately there is no blue dragon for the fish and chips and there is only about 3000 instead of the normal 30000.

Down here in the big smoke its unfortunately nothing like Liverpool. There aren't really that many local boozers or community pubs like you get in Liverpool, its all All bar noone, and wetherspoons.

My alleged local is in wimbledon, which is a members club that my father in law managed to get me approved as a member although at 37 i am probably about half the age of the regular, and whilst my father in law is a fantastic person i do struggle not telling him that his daughter can be a right pain in the arris.

Anyway enough about me, I wanted to find out from the GOT establishment if there was any particular pubs you find yourself going to (bearing in mind, Chelsea, Fulham and QPR are only 15 minutes away from one another) for the London away games, and if not why not!

I work in the city / shoreditch area of the big smoke and when we play West ham i'm thinking about arranging something for those here (its adults only and you'll need to bring some pound coins and not for any fruit machine).

So is there anywhere thats considered a regular away game local in south west london? and if not and i find somewhere will any of you actually come?

What say you all?

Is the Old Bell on Kilburn High St a blue house still? Looking for somewhere sound to watch the Derby, near to Wembley, as going to NFL game immediately after....

Juke box?

I've said before when one of these threads came I'd be up for getting together with London blues off here, apparently there's loads of us down here lol

I live in Wandsworth myself, lived all over London though. I don't get to Goodison much due to the travel but always try to make the London aways, though tickets are hard to come by when you don't have stubs from the home games. That said, I always make the Fulham game becuase of the neutral ticketing so that will be my first game of the season

I know Clapham well, plenty of decent pubs there that show games and easy to get to but the famous 3 kings is also a good shout. I used to live just across from there actually. Gets packed on Sundays when there's a match on

What say you all?

i read that in a dodgy cockney accent

There is an Aussie themed bar called the walkabout, for the away fans at QPR, was there last year, not too far from the ground, would need to google it as was well pissed

I'm also trying to decide where to watch the Derby before going to the NFL at Wembley - I went to the Old Bell in Kilburn for the 2009 Semi final and Final and it was great, so was intending on going there again. Sounds like there may be some other Evertonians in there, COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.