Lescott dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting and shows the first signs of hope for Joleon's future.

One bad mistake or error judgement does not a devil make.

lescott is out of order,i know city aint sweetness and light with some of this but for lescott to act like this is bang out of order.

ok he has put a request in and has had his head turned but this isnt the way to go about things and i personally wouldnt want him at city not he has showed his true colours(no pun intended lads).

i think he may well have shot himself in the foot because if everton hold firm and dont let him go then when everton get a defender or 2 in and jags gets back for you then lescott maywell find himself out in the cold and there goes his world cup.

i am really shocked he has beendropped because i thought some of you said he did ok on saturday against arsenal? but either way if he is not right and causing all this then good player or not i would ship him out but as i said i wouldnt want a player thats capable of doing this at my club.

sorry theres been this much sh*t for you lads i really am :(

Does sound as if Moyes is trying to make Lescott out to be the bad guy in all of this when no one here actually knows the full facts of the story so will be quick to judge.

You and Dave seem to be the only people that ponder that view. It does seem that Moyes is going to use Joleon to make some type of point in all this. He should have sorted this last week when it was blatantly obvious to all that Joleon really meant business.

Moyes has handled this poorly and yet again has shown he lacks the ability to see past his emotions in times of crisis. Joleon is still a snide, though (obviously).

Indeed. Shame to see it on here in the first place, thought this place was supposed to be better than that.

If he's not gonna play he might as well be sold, all keeping him here achieves is letting Moyes prove how stubborn he is and probably annoying city.

Does sound as if Moyes is trying to make Lescott out to be the bad guy in all of this when no one here actually knows the full facts of the story so will be quick to judge.

Agree on the elephant part. No need for that, especially on an internet forum.

However, don't think Moyes needed to make Lescott out to be the bad guy. Joleon decided to do that all by his own. Can understand him wanting to join City in order to double/triple his wages. What I don't understand is why he waited to hand in a transfer request untill the week before the start of the PL. Also, no one forced him into signing a contract at Everton, so he shouldn't be acting like a spoilt child, when Moyes decides to stand firm on this subject. Refuse to lay any blame on Moyes regarding this saga.

It's crap because it means he will most likely go, but i'm guessing i'm not the only one who thought this would happen?

Does give me an excuse to be blitzed so not all bad
yeeha.

lescott is out of order,i know city aint sweetness and light with some of this but for lescott to act like this is bang out of order.

ok he has put a request in and has had his head turned but this isnt the way to go about things and i personally wouldnt want him at city not he has showed his true colours(no pun intended lads).

i think he may well have shot himself in the foot because if everton hold firm and dont let him go then when everton get a defender or 2 in and jags gets back for you then lescott maywell find himself out in the cold and there goes his world cup.

i am really shocked he has beendropped because i thought some of you said he did ok on saturday against arsenal? but either way if he is not right and causing all this then good player or not i would ship him out but as i said i wouldnt want a player thats capable of doing this at my club.

sorry theres been this much sh*t for you lads i really am :(

First of all, nice avatar, very clever!

I was thinking about this before, sureply Mark Hughes must see this attitude of Lescotts as a problem too.

Someone hit the nail on the head before, Gareth Barry wanted to leave Villa last year but this never affected his attitude, he gave his all for the club and was honest.

First of all, nice avatar, very clever!

I was thinking about this before, sureply Mark Hughes must see this attitude of Lescotts as a problem too.

Someone hit the nail on the head before, Gareth Barry wanted to leave Villa last year but this never affected his attitude, he gave his all for the club and was honest.

Not at all mate.

Ballamy didnt bother turning up to training at West Ham when Citeh were interested in buying him so West Ham fined him before selling him.

No doubt Moyes is very head strong but I dont know what you would want him to do . Lescott has not long signed a new contract and a very well paid one at that . Granted its not what City are offering but thats not the point is it ? Moyes HAS to be seen to be doing all he possibly can to keep his best players . He said at the end of last season that his best players were not leaving so what would he look like now if he capitulated ? He has turned down offers for Vaughan & Saha so why would he make an exception for Lescott ?

Its Lescott who being taught a harsh lesson here not Moyes . Lescotts attitude has been very poor through all this . He isnt even man enough to put it to one side and just play his football . Maybe if he had done this and shown abit more respect for his fellow team mates , manager & supporters things may have turned out different . Moyes is not a man to be crossed for better or worse hence why he has been dropped .

People questioning Moyes hadnling of this situation are well off . H e has behaved well and done the club proud . Moyes has put up with so much that I fear he will walk after this season and Its him I wouldnt blame not Lescott whos conduct is getting worse and worse with each passing day .

You and Dave seem to be the only people that ponder that view. It does seem that Moyes is going to use Joleon to make some type of point in all this. He should have sorted this last week when it was blatantly obvious to all that Joleon really meant business.

).
Moyes has handled this poorly and yet again has shown he lacks the ability to see past his emotions in times of crisis. Joleon is still a snide, though (obviously
Personally i think moyes has handled the situation really well he is the boss and letting people know who the boss is. Obviously he would be a bad manager if he sold lescott without adequate cover until he gets that or the money which he feels will allow that lescott will not go. WELL DONE DAVEY

Without knowing exactly what has gone on I don't blame Lescott. To me it looks like Moyes is looking for someone to blame a 1-6 result on. It's not a very professional way to conduct yourself.

I've backed Moyes through all this but to basically **** an Everton player in public is too far.

edit: I said S L A G

Yes it is official .

Moyes has stated that his attitude has been very poor over the last few days , and both he and his team mates are very disappointed .

Apparantly there has been a small amount of communication between City and Moyes but nothing more .
Can you imagine that..

Ring, ring
Moyes:- Hello
Hughes:-Ah, David, have you consid..
Moyes:-Fcuk off melt

No doubt Moyes is very head strong but I dont know what you would want him to do . Lescott has not long signed a new contract and a very well paid one at that . Granted its not what City are offering but thats not the point is it ? Moyes HAS to be seen to be doing all he possibly can to keep his best players . He said at the end of last season that his best players were not leaving so what would he look like now if he capitulated ? He has turned down offers for Vaughan & Saha so why would he make an exception for Lescott ?

Its Lescott who being taught a harsh lesson here not Moyes . Lescotts attitude has been very poor through all this . He isnt even man enough to put it to one side and just play his football . Maybe if he had done this and shown abit more respect for his fellow team mates , manager & supporters things may have turned out different . Moyes is not a man to be crossed for better or worse hence why he has been dropped .

People questioning Moyes hadnling of this situation are well off . H e has behaved well and done the club proud . Moyes has put up with so much that I fear he will walk after this season and Its him I wouldnt blame not Lescott whos conduct is getting worse and worse with each passing day .

That's just not true, mate. Lescott was a snide for being such a coward in the first place, or for playing whatever game he's been playing. But Moyes is the boss, and everyone here could smell the coffee on this one. We knew it was going to end in tears, so why Moyes had to lengthen all this posturing is anyone's guess. I feel he's weakened our case just recently. If he'd kept his mouth shut and showed City he wasn't getting wound up, we could have got top price. Now Moyes has fallen out with Joleon, banished him to god knows where, and City know that if they stick it out, Moyes will end up taking what he is offered.

Without knowing exactly what has gone on I don't blame Lescott. To me it looks like Moyes is looking for someone to blame a 1-6 result on. It's not a very professional way to conduct yourself.

I've backed Moyes through all this but to basically **** an Everton player in public is too far.

but if that player is not giving his all for the club as is obviously is the case i think moyes is well within his right to let the supporters know what is happening

Apparantly Lescott just turned his back on Moyes when he told him and Baines to do something in training, so Moyes told him to train on his own.

Nothing to do with the Saturday IMO. Lescott wants to move, Saturday reinforced why he wants to go and the only one holding him back is Moyes...he's not going to like him.

That and Moyes has said Citeh havent met our valuation of him. Up to Citeh now.

Status
Not open for further replies.