Lescott ballsed it up...kinda....

Status
Not open for further replies.
But after the Lescott money we have a bigger squad with more depth, things are looking good again peeps ;)

It was the same when Rooney left, it gave us the funds to get some players in and it helped

Yeah who next year ? My money is on Arteta off to Spain

Ouch bobbyrob.

I think Moyes was given a little too much stick for the Lescott affair. He must have been influenced by the Barry saga with Liverpool last summer, witnessed Villa get very impressive season out of a pretty key player, and genuinely believed that if he stuck to his guns Lescott could do the same for us. Perhaps his character judgement wasn't absolutely spot on, but give the man some credit for trying to keep talented players at the club. And considering how rushed the purchases of Distin and Heitinger were, we could have done a hell of a lot worse! Defensively we'll be alright.

Its never a good thing losing a good player which Lescott is but I reckon we could come out of this better IF all goes to plan.

City have got themselves a very decent defender but he was neither our best centre half or left back and we seem to have strenghtened well in that position.

Plus we've possibly sexed up our right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.