Lescott ballsed it up...kinda....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
From The Mirror -

David Moyes: Lescott saga behind Everton's bad start
Published 23:00 24/09/09 By Martin Lipton
David Moyes last night admitted the Joleon Lescott transfer saga had unhinged his squad in the first month of the season.
Moyes’ public wrangle with Manchester City ended with his £24million move to Eastlands but not before Everton had been thumped 6-1 by Arsenal on the opening weekend and then lost at Burnley.
Since Lescott’s departure was followed by the captures of Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga, Everton have stabilised, scoring 11 without reply in winning their last three games in all competitions.
And while Moyes did not blame Lescott alone for the poor start, he conceded the whole mess had been a major factor.
"It’s difficult when you are building a team," the Goodison chief told the LMA Management Conference at the Emirates Stadium.
"You nurture their talent and then bigger clubs come along and take them away. It’s hard to resist but you have to move forward.
"It’s a difficult situation. When your best players may want to leave you never want to give up on them. You always hope they will turn round and say ’it’s fine; I want to stay’.
"But it comes to a point where you have to decide what is best and you realise you need to make the change.
"What happened with Joleon was part of our poor start. I would hate to put all the blame on that but behind the scenes we were never really settled.
"Our player recruitment wasn’t as quick as it should have been because we didn’t know if we were going to have the funds or not and so we had to do things very quickly. That played its part but I wouldn’t want to put it solely on that."

Think Davek will pick bones with the last bit lol,

We need to put all that behind us and push on.......The green shoots of recovery are showing , another 3 pts on Sat and the 1st month of the season will be a distant memory.....onwards and upwards....

From The Mirror -

David Moyes: Lescott saga behind Everton's bad start
Published 23:00 24/09/09 By Martin Lipton
David Moyes last night admitted the Joleon Lescott transfer saga had unhinged his squad in the first month of the season.
Moyes’ public wrangle with Manchester City ended with his £24million move to Eastlands but not before Everton had been thumped 6-1 by Arsenal on the opening weekend and then lost at Burnley.
Since Lescott’s departure was followed by the captures of Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga, Everton have stabilised, scoring 11 without reply in winning their last three games in all competitions.
And while Moyes did not blame Lescott alone for the poor start, he conceded the whole mess had been a major factor.
"It’s difficult when you are building a team," the Goodison chief told the LMA Management Conference at the Emirates Stadium.
"You nurture their talent and then bigger clubs come along and take them away. It’s hard to resist but you have to move forward.
"It’s a difficult situation. When your best players may want to leave you never want to give up on them. You always hope they will turn round and say ’it’s fine; I want to stay’.
"But it comes to a point where you have to decide what is best and you realise you need to make the change.
"What happened with Joleon was part of our poor start. I would hate to put all the blame on that but behind the scenes we were never really settled.
"Our player recruitment wasn’t as quick as it should have been because we didn’t know if we were going to have the funds or not and so we had to do things very quickly. That played its part but I wouldn’t want to put it solely on that."

Think Davek will pick bones with the last bit lol,

Hope davey's not impling that citeh are a bigger club ??? :blink: (must be talking about Rooney)

Probably more a slip of the tongue where "Bigger Club" generally = £££££

they are bigger in the sense that they have more letters in their name...but that's about it.

Lightening bolt head will see he has made a mistake...his positional sense isn't the best (remember the free header he gave drogba) and jags made him look better than what he is...and Toure is no jags...so i see a lot of citeh fans jumping on his back before long. I think we have a stronger defense with disten and hettinger.

so nice one Joleon for being such a [Poor language removed]. thanks for all the goals but you will miss us more than we will miss you

as for hughes...kind of ironic he was complaining of the ref playing too much time...

Moyes is the manager, it's his job to manage these situations - hopefully he'll learn from his experience & do a better job next time. The demonising of a player who understandably wants to move to a club that he perceives as more likely to be successful & who are apparently going to substantially increase his salary is pretty small-time, imo.

But after the Lescott money we have a bigger squad with more depth, things are looking good again peeps ;)

It was the same when Rooney left, it gave us the funds to get some players in and it helped

Moyes is the manager, it's his job to manage these situations - hopefully he'll learn from his experience & do a better job next time. The demonising of a player who understandably wants to move to a club that he perceives as more likely to be successful & who are apparently going to substantially increase his salary is pretty small-time, imo.

Oh come on. Even ignoring the fact that Lescott had months to hand in a transfer request rather than doing it at the last minute, he's not being demonised for wanting to leave. He's being demonised for his alleged attitude after he was told that he couldn't leave.

And while his attitude might not have beem as bad as was made out, we have no way of knowing for sure. If I say that Lescott actually went around kicking the other players in the balls and telling them that they were [Poor language removed] that's based on exactly as much information as you saying that he just wanted a move.

Besides Moyes is clearly blaming the situation not the player.

Oh come on. Even ignoring the fact that Lescott had months to hand in a transfer request rather than doing it at the last minute, he's not being demonised for wanting to leave. He's being demonised for his alleged attitude after he was told that he couldn't leave.

And while his attitude might not have beem as bad as was made out, we have no way of knowing for sure. If I say that Lescott actually went around kicking the other players in the balls and telling them that they were [Poor language removed] that's based on exactly as much information as you saying that he just wanted a move.

Besides Moyes is clearly blaming the situation not the player.

Do be serious. The situation was poorly handled from an Everton perspective & there seems to have been a need felt for there to be some kind of scapegoat for a situation that is no more than a business deal.

Moyesy said this morning that City only upped their bid from 18 mill the Mon Lescott was sole and what annoyed him most was not - he was unable to sign the majority of his targets untill he knew what would happen with the Lescott deal.

Anyone else take great pleasure in Lescotts inability to head a beach ball last weekend - players dont know how good they have it at Everton.

think the great escape.... theme tune

lescott the fukcin knobhead lescott the knobbbbbb head der der der rut der derder da rut der lescott the knobbbbbbbb head.... an so on an so forth........ 1878 were more without the scum... people like him make the unit stronger... NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.