Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines for 5 years. Excellent.

There does seem to be a relationship of our players playing for England and scarpering and those that don't who sign deals.

This is tremedous news, Baines my player of the year last year! Chuffed he seems to have committed the best years of his career to us i can only see him getting better and better for us.

Make no mistake about it this is as important a contract signing as Rodwell and hopefully Pienaar.

8 assists last season, 6 in 08/09 season.

I have money on him to be the leading defender with most assists this season as well as he was previously, 3rd season in a row!

8 assists last season, 6 in 08/09 season.

I have money on him to be the leading defender with most assists this season as well as he was previously, 3rd season in a row!

Nah lad, Warnock and Gibbs are much better left-backs

I wrote a long, angry reply there - before i saw the irony. Spot on mate, you should clearly earn ...er... about £6m a year for that sort of choice!

Hahaha well in mate. I may be wrong, but wasn't Baines the highest assiting defender in the league? I think defensively he has improved hugely over the last year. Good lad is Leighton

Hahaha well in mate. I may be wrong, but wasn't Baines the highest assiting defender in the league? I think defensively he has improved hugely over the last year. Good lad is Leighton

Yeah! he was in the two previous seasons, thats why i have a few quid on him this season a well, decent odds too.

Status
Not open for further replies.