Lawro on the sauce or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
They played each other in the FA Cup earlier this season, which Everton won. Swansea would have beaten West Brom last weekend if they'd taken their chances. Everton haven't played particularly well at home lately but keep winning games. It shows they have a good side who keep pounding away.

_73708651_a78ef473-3ab5-403f-be89-403b53b4ba33.jpg

Swansea will come and keep the ball. Manager Garry Monk needs some positive results between now and the end of the season if he's going to get the job. They'll have other people in mind for the job that they'll be thinking and talking about.

Everton's Champions League bid is gone. They're reliant on other teams' results but the top-four teams keep winning, bar the odd slip-up, and their run-in is quite tough.

I think they're a better team this season than they were last season but that's because they've got better players. Roberto Martinez was allowed to bring in six or seven very good players. That's why they're better. Would they be in a different position under David Moyes? No.

Seamus Coleman has had a very good season. Everyone knows about his ability on the ball going forward and his pace but defensively, he's looked much better this year. He deserves a bumper new contract. He's one of the best full-backs in the league although there aren't many other good right-backs.

*Sigh

I'm mightily impressed that the quilt tached spanner can access parallel realities and then update us accurately on how events would have taken the same course.

Impressive stuff. The BBC should be throwing a pay rise at him, not Seamus.

Not even newsworthy. When Lawro GETS OFF the sauce, that'll make the six o'clock news.

Well it's obvious we're not better because of the players Martinez brought in because they're either injured or on the subs bench so haven't featured bar McCarthy and Barry, who have hardly contributed any more than Fellaini did.

He's right we're in no different position than under Moyes though.

He has a point tbh. I don't think we would of been in any different posistion under moyes.

It wouldn't of been done with the same positive attitude and the potential a new style brings for future seasons would be gone but...this season we'd be the same spot under moyes or RM. Kjh

He has a point tbh. I don't think we would of been in any different posistion under moyes.

It wouldn't of been done with the same positive attitude and the potential a new style brings for future seasons would be gone but...this season we'd be the same spot under moyes or RM. Kjh
I don't think so. We're set for a points high as well as the Top 4 pushing to the point where all could have 80 points come the end of the season.
Southampton and Newcastle have also pushed on. I think we might have regressed in terms of where we are on the table, simply because these teams pushed on, so I could see us sitting 7th behind the usual suspects. Instead we are 2 points behind 5th with 2 games in hand, incredibly likely to get Europa League with the very very slight possibility of CL. Having said all this its all conjecture really, as we have Bobby and I am very happy

Lawro has a good formula for "accurate" predictions which is to predict results of 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, and other very conservative scorelines, mostly favouring the top four, and then pit himself against people who are largely clueless about football or who make joke predictions of 10-0. As for his write-up, he can pretty much say what he likes about what would have happened in an alternate history because nobody can prove him wrong. And he's right about Seamus Coleman.

After 28 games last season we were 7th with 45 points, this season 6th with 51.
If we had 45 this seasin we'd be 7th, 51 last season would have seen us 5th

He is the same one that marked us to lose against Swansea last time! That was on the basis that we were playing well, Swansea weren't playing well and not scoring, so therefore Swansea will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.