Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna play a team of just kids, still gotta be careful don't wanna get smashed and destroy confidence.

Would play Ledson, Browning, Garbutt, Atsu and Kone probably the five players who have been around the first team the most with out getting many minutes.

The rest of the team to be made up of the fittest players who would have no problems playing an extra match.

look Jeremy*

I have to disagree with you there. First of all, to play the fittest seniors would be risky. How daft would it be for someone to get crocked and miss what is undoubtedly going to be a v.important xmas/new year run in?

It was great fun watching the pointless BATE game 5 years ago (when I was 20, which I remember like yesterday and in another 5 years I'll be 30 and my life will be over and.... SLAPS SELF, COMES TO SENSES)

....anyway as I was saying it was great fun to watch our kids get a run out even if the result was cack.

How can getting reemed by Krasnodar in a dead rubber permanently ruin their outlook on a footballing career? Martinez will have the privilege of delivering his shortest team talk ever.... "Lads. Enjoy."

Anyway, no prizes for third place here (unlike the ECL!) - so why would Krasnodar bust a gut just to avoid the wooden spoon? They won't be full strength either and they'll be unrecognisable from the fast-countering, tactically shrewd team we scraped a draw against in the middle of nowhere.

*If your name isn't Jeremy then I apologise, I just assumed it was with the username

look Jeremy*

I have to disagree with you there. First of all, to play the fittest seniors would be risky. How daft would it be for someone to get crocked and miss what is undoubtedly going to be a v.important xmas/new year run in?

It was great fun watching the pointless BATE game 5 years ago (when I was 20, which I remember like yesterday and in another 5 years I'll be 30 and my life will be over and.... SLAPS SELF, COMES TO SENSES)

....anyway as I was saying it was great fun to watch our kids get a run out even if the result was cack.

How can getting reemed by Krasnodar in a dead rubber permanently ruin their outlook on a footballing career? Martinez will have the privilege of delivering his shortest team talk ever.... "Lads. Enjoy."

Anyway, no prizes for third place here (unlike the ECL!) - so why would Krasnodar bust a gut just to avoid the wooden spoon? They won't be full strength either and they'll be unrecognisable from the fast-countering, tactically shrewd team we scraped a draw against in the middle of nowhere.

*If your name isn't Jeremy then I apologise, I just assumed it was with the username
Play the kids and let us all enjoy a beautiful crimbo evening! I for one can not wait for that game now! Coyb!

Even the side last night probably only had Jags, Howard, Mirallas and Lukaku from the first choice (discounting McCarthy because he went off so early). It was largely 2nd string anyway. Shows how good our depth is these days.

Not saying drop everyone and play a completely different eleven, but the likes of; Robles, Browning, Ledson etc who have been close to the first team for a while should definitely play in this game. As people have said, the tickets are superbly cheap meaning Goodison will be chocker (i hope), which will hopefully give the younger players a boost as they'll be playing in a proper atmosphere.

krasnodor arent gonna be bothered either seeing as they cant qualify, be a good semi competitivematch for youngsters/players getting back to fitness

Doubt they'll be sending their first team as they're out.

I'd play

Robles
Hibbert Jagielka Browning Garbutt
Ledson Barry
McGeady Barkley Atsu
Kone

Ledson couldn't ask for a better partner than Barry on his full debut, and Jags can help marshal Browning.

Status
Not open for further replies.