just think about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Truth

Player Valuation: £25m
OK so a lot of us are Kenwright to f off but look at our squad. We should be a lot higher then what we are. Moyes himself said this is the best squad we have had in years. But even with this squad Moyes cant get the results we want and need. Kenwright MUST go but Moyes is holding us back just as much. If we get taken over buy someone who gives us a big transfer budget do you think Moyes will change. I don't. I still think we will see stupid team selections tactics. And of course never a substitution before the 60th min no matter how obvious it is that thing are not working.

But I do think Moyes deserves a chance if we do get taken over. But if he isn't getting by the halfway point he should be gone.

You know something, we should get you to pick the team next week. That's where we went wrong.

Why do fans think that they always know more than the manager who see's the players week in and week out?

And is Moyes substitution time (>60 mins) on average or below with other managers in the prem when they are in trouble?

OK so a lot of us are Kenwright to f off but look at our squad. We should be a lot higher then what we are. Moyes himself said this is the best squad we have had in years. But even with this squad Moyes cant get the results we want and need. Kenwright MUST go but Moyes is holding us back just as much. If we get taken over buy someone who gives us a big transfer budget do you think Moyes will change. I don't. I still think we will see stupid team selections tactics. And of course never a substitution before the 60th min no matter how obvious it is that thing are not working.

But I do think Moyes deserves a chance if we do get taken over. But if he isn't getting by the halfway point he should be gone.

How fickle us evertonians can be sometimes

Sorry mate. But this is a joke really considering, that other managers have been able to go out and spend so when a weakness develops in the middle of a season they can adapt. That flexibility itself is huge.

And when Moyes does it - he out does everyone too. Donovan was classed as transfer of the season last year by many in the press etc.

Its also not on on the eve of the match tomorrow.

I agree, we have probably got the best squad we have had for a while, but when you compare our squad to other teams in the premiership it is walfer thin. Man U can pay their squad bench players £70k a week, we can barely afford to pay our star players that much.

We need some strength of depth to our squad to create competition for places. At the moment our squad is so small, players can afford to play badly and still get in the team week in week out there is no one else banging on the door. Because of this Moyes can barely drop players for poor performances, is it his fault the squad is so small, that we have no cash?

We have a good team and we should be able to field a good first XI, but beyond that, who is there? We need to have more cash available for a bigger squad so the under performers can be dropped. Players will go through phases of being out of form, I don't care how good the manager is, that will happen. But most other managers can drop them and bring someone else in, when Arteta was having his rough patch how good would have that been to be in a position to stick him on the bench and bring someone else in.

Sorry mate. But this is a joke really considering, that other managers have been able to go out and spend so when a weakness develops in the middle of a season they can adapt. That flexibility itself is huge.

And when Moyes does it - he out does everyone too. Donovan was classed as transfer of the season last year by many in the press etc.

Its also not on on the eve of the match tomorrow.

With the current squad should we be positioned where we currently are? NO. therefore Moyes is holding is back. Is this Kenwrights fault? NO. It is not his job to manage the team. Is Kenwright holding us back? Obviously. We need money to get to where we want to go which he does not have but the fact is the current squad should be a lot higher up the table then we currently are.

Moyes has done a good job with the budget he has had in the past years and assembled a squad capable challenging for a top 4 spot. We should be challenging the top 4 with our current squad but we are not. We have shown we can compete with the top over the last few seasons but we lose so much points against lessor opposition. Moyes clearly isn't a good tactician, he just happens to be the best man for the job considering our budget.

I think Moyes can only be blamed for so much.

These are supposed to be professional players on the pitch, but against Bolton they struggled to complete 5 yard passes.
This season some of our defending has been terrible and our goalkeeper has made mistakes too.

Moyes has made some poor tactical choices and some negative subs but the team has let him down this season.

These are supposed to be professional players on the pitch, but against Bolton they struggled to complete 5 yard passes.
This season some of our defending has been terrible and our goalkeeper has made mistakes too.

Moyes has made some poor tactical choices and some negative subs but the team has let him down this season.

Above says most of it for me ;) but you'd really need to come up with stronger arguments for your point to be seen as more than knee jerkism.

Are you one of those who'd come on shouting "Moyes you beaut" if we won at Chelsea today? If you can respond to the point above and make a stronger "Moyes must go point" you might gain more support. At the moment, its just pure knee jerkism, which I hate. Though you have every right to hold that view.

He's paid to manage the team. He's actually paid massive wages to make sure talented players perform. Therefore, he's responsible. It's called overall responsibility.

Moyes fans always point the finger elsewhere, usually Kenwright. But it's very, very simple, like any corporate structure...

Kenwright takes responsibility for the overall club. (CEO)

Moyes takes responsibility for match day decisions and team performance on the pitch. (Branch Manager)

The players only take individual responsibility as employees to perform as professionals. (Employee)

David Moyes is often praised for doing things right, it's only fair he's criticised when he does things wrong. He was abysmal at Bolton, every bit as much as the players.

Above says most of it for me ;) but you'd really need to come up with stronger arguments for your point to be seen as more than knee jerkism.

Are you one of those who'd come on shouting "Moyes you beaut" if we won at Chelsea today? If you can respond to the point above and make a stronger "Moyes must go point" you might gain more support. At the moment, its just pure knee jerkism, which I hate. Though you have every right to hold that view.

I think we will play well today but I dont think it will because Moyes changes the way he does things. I think it will because the players will be up for it. Thats what i think one of Moyes problems is. He seems not to be able to motivate the players enough for the games against the lessor teams.

ATM i think Moyes is the best man for the job but only because he has shown he can work with our budget. But if we get taken over and actually get a budget which allows us to bring in the players we need to we should look at bringing in a manager better suited to actually making decisions on game day that will result in success

Status
Not open for further replies.