Just how bad is our second XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our second XI is terrible but we do have some players who can come in and do a job, a la Anichebe when he's on form, Hitzlsperger is a good option and Heitinga and Oviedo are both more than decent enough to come in if injuries strike. The problem is when we have to call on three or four of our 'second XI' at any one time, then we go to pieces.

i think we've done pretty well this season in certain circumstances. our performances are nowhere near as high but we're still being the better team and still winning good games like west ham away

Cheers Jack,

Chelsea murder us here, though.

Turnbull
Bertrand Cahill Bruma Azpilicueta
Moses Romeu Lampard Marin
Ba Lukaku​

ha, i don't consider them as rivals tbh, they'll pull away soon enough. would have expected it to look better than that tbh. btw you'r missing courtois as keeper and then they have great youngsters like de bryune who will be class as well

Think that our reserves might just stay up by the skin of thier teeth. Spurs and arsenal would get in the top 10. But we've got the intangible greater than the sum of our parts thing happening. Both of our nearest rivals are the opposite of that you could argue?

For me Spurs should have challenged for the league for the past two years.

Mid table for me, Barkley, Vellios and Anichebe have enough that they could score a few
Defence is pretty strong
Poor midfield though...
Long ball - mid table
Passing play.. relegation fight

Pretty sure moyes has said all along we'v got a strong say 13 /14 players after that its very inexperienced or weak

IMO we have no one outside the first eleven of equal quality to come in. The likes of heitinga Neville vic hibbert Oveido Naismith hitz and the young ones not really the same quality although some can do a job on a short term basis.

We need good 2/3 players equal to that first team to come in tbh

Pretty sure moyes has said all along we'v got a strong say 13 /14 players after that its very inexperienced or weak

IMO we have no one outside the first eleven of equal quality to come in. The likes of heitinga Neville vic hibbert Oveido Naismith hitz and the young ones not really the same quality although some can do a job on a short term basis.

We need good 2/3 players equal to that first team to come in tbh

yep, sadly we cannot do this, whereas as spurs can just go around chucking money for players like siggurson and dempsey whilst attracting holtby for free, and none of them would be in my 1st team if i was manager.

...actually adebayor has been tosh this season. drenthe would have been perfect if he wasn't such a nutcase, would have provided great competition for both wings as would donovan

The fact that Gueye is in the 2nd eleven tells you all you need to know! The only one in there who hasn't had a fair chance is Duffy.

I think the only thing our second 11 demonstrates is, that we have depth in defence, and in the centre of the park and a few striking options. We're totally baron in goal and on the flanks though. That's our main problem. We can bring in Oviedo to cover on the left if Peanuts is injured or out of form, Mind you does Moyes ever drop his favourites when they're out of form...... After that we've got no cover really on the right or the left.

Isn't Garbutt a half decent left back? Or have I mixed his position up? I don't know anything about him, aside from a few comments on here saying he's pretty decent and a good prospect. And is Junior any good? Again I appreciate he's a very young midfielder.

My two pence worth is that we need a right sided midfielder as a priority, Naismith is..... errm........ Naismith. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.