Just hear me out, hopefully a bit of sense to the circus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraemeS1980

Player Valuation: £20m
First of all just a little reminder that last season we didn't record our first win in the league until the 14th September (versus Chelsea 1-0) prior to that fixture we had drawn with Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff (another note 2 out of them 3 got relegated)

I am not at all happy either at the way our defence has been shaping up however it will come together confidence just needs lifting and I really don't think there are many other managers as good as ours for raising morale (correct me if I am wrong)

Duffy leaving and these shouts of getting in a centre back. Well yes Distin is getting on a bit but he is still going to do a job as good as Stones and Jagielka. The problem for me so far has been I personally believe the error is our best defensive partnership seems to be Stones and Distin. As Jags is Captain and I use the term loosely 'fit' he has to be first choice...but why does he? he needs dropping and quickly he looks out of shape and unfit. We also have to make use of the other youngster maybe in the up coming League Cup.

Look lads (and our growing continent of ladies) all I am saying is that if we signed someone yesterday it would have been a poor signing the majority of fans get on the Sky TV Circus bandwagon, Roberto has got who he wants and you have to look at the bigger picture.

We started poorly last season and we have this season, however we are stronger this season than last. The only thing we need to do is be patient and don't forget Oviedo Baby will be back soon too. To finish off one word Eto'o

Stones has looked quite error prone since the summer so he shouldn't necessarily be first choice. Which wouldn't be be problem if he wasn't the main competition for Jags and Distin who have both been below par so far this season. When you consider their age I don't see how you thinking signing a CB would be a poor signing, especially when we are likely to need 2 next year. I suspect Martinez wants Browning and Galloway to be involved at some point though.

Good post, Sky have made deadline day a circus, i watched tweets flying last night and the general tone was fans wanted ANYONE, just a signing to announce and cheer.

That's what deadline day has turned into, some fans even said "we've signed noone" forgetting the previous 2 months.

It was only last month we spoke of how great the depth is now in our squad, yesterday fans just wanted signings, it's embarrassing how sky have turned it into such a dramatic day.

The quality of the teams we played wasn't quit the same caliber either. Norwich (2:2), West Brom (0:0) and Cardiff (0:0). That's also 5 less goals scored by us than this year. Definitely a stronger squad this year, and it will get better.

Think back those games we should have nailed not come away with 3 points.

When you play a high line against the kind of quality that Chelsea bring to bear you are asking for it. Recall the display last year against Real Madrid in the preseason. The first two goals we gave this weekend were carbon copies of the first two RM goals last year. As soon as they saw the high line, they struck. From the "Costa is crocked" earlier in the week through the whole game we got played by Mourinho in this. We beat him at Goodison last year, and he's been thinking about that ever since. He should win the league with that squad.

We've got Chelsea and Arsenal behind us, Samuel Eto'o on the front line, WBA and Palace on the horizon, and European footy under the lights this month. It'll be boss. Bear down, Everton.

Think back those games we should have nailed not come away with 3 points.
Jags cost us the Norwich game with some horrific defending for Van Wolfswinkel's goal. The other two games we just didn't look like scoring, although I recall Medel chopping Baines down in the box and the ref completely ignoring it in the Cardiff game. We looked solid at the back and we were learning RM's new attacking system.

This year, there has been more blame to spread around because more people have underperformed. Jags and Barry have been consistently poor in the first three games, several players have been clearly struggling to last 70 minutes never mind the full 90 and RM's substitutions, Eto'o aside, have been poorly chosen and carried out too late.

Equally, our expectations have risen so people are more likely to get angry about things we previously would have accepted: the draw against Arsenal being a good example. It's only really because we monstered them 3-0 last season that we now have raised expectations of beating them every time. On balance however, we should not have blown a two goal lead against them.

Finally, the manner of the late goals in each game has been maddening; partly because many feel that with better-timed substitutions they would have been avoided against Leicester and Arsenal, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.