Jelavic Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Blue Jersey

Player Valuation: £35m
Anyone else think that not only was his substitution a turning point in the game (full marks to Victor for his turn & finish but he couldn't even bring the ball down when he was through on goal), but it is of critical importance to the sucess of our season?
Jelavic injured for anything more than a month is disastrous. Even a month will be troublesome.
Has anyone heard anything?

Moyes said in his post match interview that he doesnt think its severe. Having a scan today according to Greg Okeeffe. Left the ground on crutches though, although i do think the crutches are more of a precaution.

The turning point was when Pienaar elected to shoot when Ossie was free. Couldn't see Newcastle getting back into it if we had a 2 goal lead.

The turning point was when Pienaar elected to shoot when Ossie was free. Couldn't see Newcastle getting back into it if we had a 2 goal lead.

Sorry mate, you really think Osman would have scored ?

Turning point was Jelavic going off as it allowed Newcastles defenders to push forward up the pitch...

Was one of many factors - Vic's hold up play isn't as good as Jelavic's so it was a factor but we can also look at players shooting instead of passing, poor defending and the officials.

Just wasn't our day but we have 6 points more than we usually have this at this time of the season

Pienaar had two great chances, he should have put at least one of them away.

Not scoring at least two when Perch was at RB was killer for us.

Well I think Ossie would have buried it. It would have been an awful miss.

Let's be honest here, Anichebe -- Jela's replacement -- netted twice. I wouldn't call Jelavic going off the turning point.

Perhaps us spurning chances and being robbed of 2 valid goals might be turning points. Or us defending like a pack of c*nts in the last 3 minutes.

Anichebe hit the crossbar from 2 yards out -- crossed the line but hardly clinical.

If Osman was through on goal 1-1 I would still have crossed fingers and toes.

I can't bring myself to watch it again but didn't the keeper save it first?

Surely the turning point was them bringing Ba on? Probably the half-time talk in their dressing room had some effect also. We could and should have put it to bed in the first half, regardless of any wrongly disallowed goals in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.