2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I agree can see that angle and I did consider it, but I think the Chelsea fiscal bandwagon has run its course. They must be aware of P&S/FFP and how they might not even make Europe this season.

Outside of Chelsea, I can't see anyone on the continent paying up for him... maybe PSG, but part of his high valuation would be because of his nationality, which obvs means sweet FA in France.

In the UK, the glaring contenders would be Man U (who are all over the shop at the moment) and Newcastle... with possibly also Man City, though they did just buy that Gvardiol who is 21 so perhaps not.

so Man U are going to break the world record for a CB again? possibly, but I don't see them doing anything other than what they usually do to us on transfers. Unlike Brighton and Leicester (at the time), our financial woes are very public.

Personally I'd rather not sell him. (I know, we might not have a choice)

Good points mate. The clubs affording these figures are limited, and more so with Chelseas outlay and current implosion. Although I wouldnt rule them out.
ManUtd - you have that spot on - basket case currently. They will splash the cash to correct it I feel.
Newcastle - may want to flex their spending power with a statement signing to beat off other clubs...... more of a willy waving contest to show they can compete.

FWIW - I completely agree with your last sentence. For the first time since Jagielka left, I feel we have a CB pairing that looks solid, have not been totally exposed since they have played together, and both seem to really enjoy their role in the side (older pro, willing up and comer) - and a lot of that is down to Branthwaite being introduced to the side and the balance he brings that we have been searching for a while.

Chelsea paid 80mil for Fofana after 37 games for Leicester
Chelsea are stupid, so wanting another £40m on top of fofanas fee is a lot of money. Not saying it’s not impossible but I don’t think he goes for that kind of money. Hope a salary and transfer cap comes in try and get some reality back in the game.

Chelsea are stupid, so wanting another £40m on top of fofanas fee is a lot of money. Not saying it’s not impossible but I don’t think he goes for that kind of money. Hope a salary and transfer cap comes in try and get some reality back in the game.
No I hope it stays as it is, because unless we challenge for honours, our best players will eventually leave and we still want the lunatics like, Chelsea, utd, etc so we can get top dollar

I dont think anyone is saying we will be offered 120 for him today, but that we can reasonably expect his values to increase to that point if he continues his trajectory, and therefore is worth holding onto until such time comes.

Has this lad got a chant yet? Aware am inviting inevitable criticism but here's some suggestions...

He's big,
He's tall,
Wins every 'flippin' ball (or 'He's got it 'flippin' all')
Branthwaite, Branthwaite.

He went to PSV,
But now he's EFC.

His touch,
His speed,
He's everything we need.
Branthwaite, Branthwaite

See you Saturday!

Has this lad got a chant yet? Aware am inviting inevitable criticism but here's some suggestions...

He's big,
He's tall,
Wins every 'flippin' ball (or 'He's got it 'flippin' all')

He went to PSV,
But now he's EFC.

His touch,
His speed,
He's everything we need.
Branthwaite, Branthwaite

See you Saturday!
Not enough Boos in there. It's a no from me 😁

Early days still, but the the signs are really promising. Carries on developing at his age he will be destined for the top. If we don’t progress as a club he will be off maybe not this summer but the following summer. The main point is we a great fee for him. That’s how we should be operating buy low and sell for really high. We should already now be looking for next braithwaite to take over if he goes. Operating this way allows us to sign promising players but also have the funds to buy ready made players without worrying about FFP crap. It’s the right model for us currently as a club.

Everton player hits form and we are pricing him up immediately.

Hopefully we can enjoy watching him for a season or two or we may as well be supporting an investment fund.