January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Willy has only played 1/3 of minutes and barely started this season. I think he would improve us but we should prioritise an out and out RW like Johan Bakayoko or Marcus Edwards if the money was there through an Onana sale.
Dpends on the price also is another player better off the left. I did want him in the summer thought the same at a certain price he would be worth the risk. His value will have only gone doen for me if we bid now should be 15/20 but again they will want more

Dpends on the price also is another player better off the left. I did want him in the summer thought the same at a certain price he would be worth the risk. His value will have only gone doen for me if we bid now should be 15/20 but again they will want more
I'm not massively keen on that one and even if it was down to 15-20m it's probably an overpay for a guy not starting in the Championship. Club may very well rate him but I doubt we can / will get involved unless it's more of a bargain, they'll certainly be happier to get rid than they were in summer.

I'm not massively keen on that one and even if it was down to 15-20m it's probably an overpay for a guy not starting in the Championship. Club may very well rate him but I doubt we can / will get involved unless it's more of a bargain, they'll certainly be happier to get rid than they were in summer.
Yeah i think is the upfront cost the club has to pay low, but agree with you is a risk with him attitude ect

Yeah i think is the upfront cost the club has to pay low, but agree with you is a risk with him attitude ect
Yeah, the attitude seems to be a concern, he's a talent but is he warming the bench because he's downed tools after the summer?

There's talent there and can see why the recruitment team would like him, but I'm not sure how keen Dyche would be, in the immediate term anway. And while investments like that tend to outlast managers, even if we could find some cash to do it we can't be splashing any on players who won't be used right away under the current manager.

At least the protected Sky6 can buy who they want. Since they are well run like City, Chelsea, United, RS et al. Yawn.

But the as ever 'too kool for skool' will tell us it's all our fault.
In fairness the other three could only dream of being run like the rs. They manage to sell all their kack plyers for mad money, manage to replace a

Of course he doesn’t he has flair and pace. 2 things he hates in his wingers
I'd take graft and grit over flair and pace in our current predicament. Ordinarily, give me a Pienaar or Mirallas over McNeill and Harrison everyday, but in this side/set up maybe not as effective. Dyche, to me at least, need to trust his players, that's why mavericks like Danjuma aren't regular starters.

I'd take graft and grit over flair and pace in our current predicament. Ordinarily, give me a Pienaar or Mirallas over McNeill and Harrison everyday, but in this side/set up maybe not as effective. Dyche, to me at least, need to trust his players, that's why mavericks like Danjuma aren't regular starters.
Dyche wouldn’t change if we were comfortably mid table, Harrison and McNeil have been ok this season, nothing g special, especially from an attacking point of view. But he plays them every game, Harrison was poor v palace. Maybe when we’re chasing a game he needs to gamble with a danjuma or dobbin or both , but he never does, untill it’s too late. Maybe that’s one of the reason we never win from conceding the first goal

….i think Dyche wants and needs good footballers, I’ve not been impressed with Gnonto when I’ve seen him this season.
20 games 7 starts and a grand total of just 715 mins of play this season, he is struggling to get in the team due to the form of Summerville and James. Summerville is the one to go for, 12 goals and 6 assists and supposedly available for around the £20m mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.