January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has to shoulder the blame. We live in an era where respect of officials and players and not discriminating are very much in the public mind/eye. If some fans did what they did to Gordon's car to a referee we would have massive fines and potential points deductions. Talented players won't want to bother with it.

Which is a shame as we have a fanbase we can mostly be very proud of. The away fans always singing and backing the lads. It's a massive shame things have got to a boiling point as they have.

I said earlier, if we can't get our targets let's not panic buy to appease fans and paper over the cracks. Show some backbone and go with what we have or in an ideal world are able to pick up genuine targets.
Our fanbase has always been brilliant - my first away game as an 6 year old that hit me right away - the loyal following, the fanaticism etc

It'll get out of hand. And the rage will be justified.

I think we'd have the scenario where the board could never attend a match again and the owner in exile in Monaco would have to dismiss them and put in place a group of puppets to keep the ship afloat until a sale in the summer.

All would be lost at that stage anyway so it'll make no difference.

Of course, if we get a couple of strikers in the next 12 hours then that's not a scenario I'd support being unfolded.

On a serious note, does Moshiri have the power to actually sack the board and limit Kenwright to just being a shareholder?

407410E4-C906-49E0-BEF3-24F3815A961D.jpeg

Gallagher probably would have been an upgrade on one of Gana, Onana, Iwobi or Garner so it was right to do try. You go get player x on your list that costs 25m and you haven't actually made an improvement then you've chucked that money down the drain. This then might stop you getting perhaps a 40 million player in the summer as your budget won't stretch.

We have to ask ourselves do we want players just so we have bought anyone or do we want upgrades and/or money for future windows. We cannot keep making the same mistakes.
I agree, but I think we "tried" in the sure and certain knowledge he would turn us down. Same way we "tried" for Shearer, Alan Smith et al. My point is that we have not, and never did have any intention of spending money in this window. The one actual transfer deal we got close to was a loan and we still managed to get gazumped on that. Because we're Everton we obviously lashed all of our eggs in that basket and so here we are.

Yesterday I said our only dealings would be sending Vinagre back and getting a replacement loan in, but I don't even think we'll do that, now.

I genuinely believe there will be zero incomings today. Vault me.

Our fanbase has always been brilliant - my first away game as an 6 year old that hit me right away - the loyal following, the fanaticism etc
Absolutely, unfortunately for us it's rare the media highlights how great our fans are as it gets more clicks to report the rare bad events which I have no doubts will influence our drawing power for new talent.

So I understand: You'd rather we played chicken with the buying club, knowing they likely have a plan B, C, etc, over a player that had stated his intention to management never to play for us again? Do you honestly believe we could have a) forced him out onto the pitch, and b) got anything resembling a tune out of him (after he'd been crap his entire career to date barring a handful of games)?

We are going down. If we still had Gordon, we'd still go down. The fact we have conned £45m out of Newcastle for him is literally the only good thing that has happened to us for at least two years.

No its fairly simple, you dont sanction a move, until you have improved or at the very least have a deal in place for replacement if there is a relationship break down, there was no difference selling Gordon or Sunday or today - but if we did today - if we couldn't have got anyone in we had a choice to make - now we dont we are weaker. Its that simple mate. We've limited out choices and made ourselves weaker and short, when even before we decided t sell Gordon we need stretehening - sanctioning his sale was stupid. Nothing to do with rating the plaer or not - player trading it was stupid as the point is making yourself stronger, we did the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.