January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here whine about the speed of transfers as if the selling team have no say in any it. We could have had targets locked in months ago, gotten confirmation from agents that the players were interested, agreed to salary terms, etc., but if the selling team isn't ready to pull the trigger on the deal, then we can't make them sell. This shouldn't be hard to understand. And if we're really interested in these players, it's worth it to be patient and get the right guys in, whether it's now or in three weeks.

This isn't like grocery shopping. You can't just pick and choose who you want and what the price is.

We (as a buyer) also have to meet the selling club's price. Seems we haven't quite matched what Utd want yet

Why would United, holding the last European place, be in a hurry to sell a useful player to a team directly behind them in the league table?

Hearing another Everton medical took place this afternoon. Dont know the details regarding whether this was Schneiderlin or another newcomer

This was from a blue who writes for the mail on Twitter. ell Bretland

Another medical?

Other than lookman where there others mate?

I personally think he will be incoming at some point, just a hunch, I cant see it being soon tho, it might be something that slips under the radar, but theres been hardly any real chatter.
I could see that, the chatter has really died down around him... all I have heard is that Man U wants a permanent transfer but teams want a loan deal

Saw an interesting discussion the other day which had a feature on CSKA and Dzagoev, explained how bad a financial Ness the club are in with a badly balanced team - no strikers etc, reckoned for 15m euros they'd sell in order to be able to bri g a striker in and they have a very promising young lad coming through who could fill in for dzagoev etc, reckon the player would move as well and general opinion was unlike a lot of other Russian players who've moved abroad he'd adjust due to his background and character.

Talked up about what our manager looks for in players, pace and dynamism as well and they reckoned he'd tick all those boxes also mentioned his winning mentality etc...

Interesting seeing it being discussed in a positive way though.

I'd have him over Sigurddson aaaall day. Fill similar roles as players though I feel Dzagoev is more flexible.

You heard about this Depay double reveal gubbins? That's what folk are saying.

Heard nothing of the sort mate other than what I've seen on various forums. I personally can't see it. This is Everton and Everton don't do that type of thing.

I 'heard' (for lack of a better term) from two completely different 'sources' last week that we'd agreed a fee for Snides in principle - at £22mil.

That was last Tuesday. God knows if that was just our second offer that was about to go in, or that we had already bid it. But all the rumblings at the moment point to the deal being done and it's just a matter of dotting i's crossing t's. Dunno what the hold up is or any idea if he had a medical on Friday or had one today etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.