January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season Team Tournament Apps Mins Goals Assists Yel Red SpG PS% AerialsWon MotM Rating
2016/2017 West Bromwich.. EPL 3(1) 245 - - 1 - 1.5 78.9 0.5 - 6.07
2015/2016 West Bromwich.. EPL 17(14) 1746 4 - - - 1.1 78.1 0.3 - 6.33
2014/2015 West Bromwich.. EPL 32(6) 2930 14 1 2 - 2.3 83.2 0.5 2 6.69
2013/2014 West Bromwich.. EPL 11(21) 1407 5 1 - - 1.8 85.4 0.3 - 6.45
Total / Average 105 6328 23 2 3 0 1.8 82.2 0.4 2 6.49

he's scored 245 goals this season in 1 min spread over 3 games? deadly!

I wasn't trying to make a comparison lad, I'm just wary of purchasing players that are relatively unknown, difficult transition in the premier league. I would much prefer a Troy Deeney type partner for Lukaku someone who can hold the ball up and Rom feed of him. Deeney and Rom would be an amazing combination chances of this happening are slim didn't Leicester have a £25m bid turned down in the summer.

...I've gone on record as saying I'm not too bothered who we sign, it's RK/SW who needs to identify the type they want to fit the team model, but I have to say that Deeney doesn't appeal to me. He was on the bench for Watford yesterday and looks unfit, I'm surprised he's in the £25m bracket but I suppose it's small money these days.

Berahino is a massive no for me. Why would Koeman want him anyway? Surely he's far too lazy for his sort of his teams.

I know nothing about this Kessie fella but if it gives us more of an excuse to boot Gibson, Cleverley (possibly McCarthy) then I'm on board.

Also, Dowell needs to get loaned out if Koeman's not gonna give him a chance yet. He looks too good to be wasted in the u23s.

Not been great in the unders so I'm told this year. A loan would tell us more.

...I've gone on record as saying I'm not too bothered who we sign, it's RK/SW who needs to identify the type they want to fit the team model, but I have to say that Deeney doesn't appeal to me. He was on the bench for Watford yesterday and looks unfit, I'm surprised he's in the £25m bracket but I suppose it's small money these days.
Deeney looks like a slightly polished version of Bernie Wright... Swerve !!

Saido not the player we need to move up a level by a long shot.

But as a means to replace kone and niasse in the squad then he would be better
Fair comment this. I'd hope for much better than him to take us up another level. But at this moment in time we don't have much back up for Lukaku.
This Gabbiandini fella, I know nothing about. Likely to be big money by comparison to Berahino (only 6 months left on contract I believe).

huh?? How is Kessie relatively unknown?
Sorry I forgot about your brilliant knowledge about 20 year old Ivorians that have 5 international caps and I estimate 90% of us had never heard about. And I'm sure I said relatively unknown and used Niasse and Bakayoko as examples of players with big reputations not cutting it in the premier league. But hey don't let that stop you trying to make me look like a plonker.

Think Berahino has something, but whether it's his or TP's fault his career has stalled I am unsure of.

Its defo his, maybe Pulis could have handled it a bit better, who knows, but only 1 of them was tweeting all kinds of utter claptrap a few years ago.

The lad hasnt had the best of childhoods and I think hes got a few demons, its gamble, but theres certainly a player there, somewhere.

Paper talk of Will Hughes, would love him here, he's like the perfect mix of McCarthy and Barry, doesn't score as many as he should, but can play more than two games in a row, which both struggle with these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.