January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME NAMES OF PLAYERS WE COULD HAVE GOT IN THE WINDOW WHO MAY HAVE IMPROVED US..... I'M NOT ONE FOR OVERREACTING BUT I'VE ASKED 4 TMES NOW AND STILL NO NAMES

Soz mate, where's your post clamouring for us to sign Lookman and Schneiderlin? You wanted them specific players, yeah?

I'm not a scout, we pay people to do that for us. Did we not want to sign any players besides Lookman and Schneiderlin this window?

This is what Koeman said after we had signed Lookman.

We will see if we can get the players in that we want because that's really important for the team,' Koeman said ahead of Everton's FA Cup third round clash against Leicester City on Saturday.

If not, then we won't sign other players because that's not what I want.'

The Merseyside club have been linked with out-of-favour Manchester United duo Memphis Depay and Morgan Schneiderlin but Koeman admitted that it would not be easy to complete deals in January.

'It's always a game between the club who needs to sell, or would like to sell a player, and the club who is looking to buy a player,' he added.

So we couldn't sign the players he wanted besides Schneiderlin. Whoever those players were, those were the ones I wanted.

Surely we brought on our new attacker , Lookman, and he looked boss. How many new attackers did you expect us to buy?

In two windows?

Not about how many.

I would have liked us to have improved on the collection of young/inconsistent/mediocre (remove where applicable) players we have for those attacking positions. We bought Bolasie, Lookman and DCL. Two youngsters, who hopefully will be amazing but we've no real idea yet, and another player who is inconsistent and often mediocre IMO. I thought/hoped we would have done better than that.

Hopefully the summer will see a change, but it's hardly controversial to think what we have done with the attack is not great and that two windows is plenty of time to have done more?

Status
Not open for further replies.