January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giminez
VVD
Goretzka
Werner
Gelson Martins
I see you have fm17? Already on fm18 & tbf I bought De Ligt, Tierney, and Batshuyi (on loan with option to buy for 9mill) and I'm flying in the league (although Sandro is one of the best strikers in the game for some reason)

After the Niasse video I will never trust one of these ever again.

Biggest issue is going to be attracting a decent player. We will probably have to double whatever money they are on and give them a relegation release clause in their contract. Or bring them in on loan
I think we have to have a punt on a few/three of these types of players and hope one or all of them turn out good.

A 1 in 7 donkey of a striker is definitely not what we need.
I think I understand what you mean but it's a statement based on needs. His style of play would have benefitted this team a lot.
Btw every successful team has a donkey in it, all comes down to what they offer to the unit on the pitch. We are not scoring goals because we don't cause enough chaos in the opposition 18, forcing their defenders into making mistakes. Chances and goals come from mistakes.

I do wonder if Moshri will be willing to spend the money needed - even a striker like deeney, beneteke is going to be @40 m in January , a decent CB @20 m , lb @20m- he will be looking at 80m just for a set of decent journeymen players that would keep us as a top 10 team- if we want the real quality to challenge for top 4, you can add another 50m + to that.
Maybe our scouts should take a closer look at the Turkish league or stick acquiring some solid journey men and start by building a solid platform, before going after hyped up players.

Maybe our scouts should take a closer look at the Turkish league or stick acquiring some solid journey men and start by building a solid platform, before going after hyped up players.
Some good players in Turkey now. I'd have taken both Negredo (free) and Nasri (£3.2m) in the summer.

Some good players in Turkey now. I'd have taken both Negredo (free) and Nasri (£3.2m) in the summer.
It's always been a good place for players getting their careers back on track after not being the anticipated success at top clubs. Those 2 would have been good signings but we were too busy letting SSN do our scouting.

It's always been a good place for players getting their careers back on track after not being the anticipated success at top clubs. Those 2 would have been good signings but we were too busy letting SSN do our scouting.
Yeah, the standard has markedly improved in recent years.

I think Darius Vassell's arrival being treated like a Papal visit was a watershed moment for Turkish football. They knew they'd hit rock bottom and simply had to change.

Only players we'll be able to sign are mercenaries and mid table players.

This is where we need someone like Walsh to go and find a few gems, unfortunatly the Walsh we have is a total fruad.

We need a Kev Campbell type deal to save us

Status
Not open for further replies.