jack cork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is jack cork actually that good or is it a mirage caused by the southampton academy?

I notice a lot of saints players are deemed better than what they are becuase they play for them. Lambert being a prime example, not the best striker but you would think he was banging them in and had skills like messi the way some people talk about him.

The likes of rodreguez and llalana have earnt their glowing reviews but a lot of players seem to get a free pass for being lablled as decent just because of who they play for.

If you want a proper recommendation, ask a saints fan and see if they think he is a decent player.

Is jack cork actually that good or is it a mirage caused by the southampton academy?

I notice a lot of saints players are deemed better than what they are becuase they play for them. Lambert being a prime example, not the best striker but you would think he was banging them in and had skills like messi the way some people talk about him.

The likes of rodreguez and llalana have earnt their glowing reviews but a lot of players seem to get a free pass for being lablled as decent just because of who they play for.

If you want a proper recommendation, ask a saints fan and see if they think he is a decent player.

Pretty sure Jack Corks from the Chelsea academy, but I agree with what your saying about players getting slightly over praised. From what I've read of saints fans they just appreciate the dirty work he does the same way we appreciate McCarthy.

the best ones always have pace

Just like Gareth Barry, like a young Bolt !

Makelele was hardly rapid and that seems to be the model the modern holding player is based upon. Xabi Alonso probably the finest holding midfielder I have seen play is by no means quick ! For me, pace would be a bonus but is by no means a pre-requisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.