It really is that simple, too bad the FA won't act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans always claim for free kicks,corners,throw ins penalties and goals that don't cross the line. They are always trying to con referees as well as the player do.

Well put TX Bill
I'm a long-time lurker but v rarely post anything. With the first post you just became my favourite poster.
Sometimes I look at RAWK and Redcafe just for amusement more than anything - RAWK in particular is just vile and hateful. And this thread and GOT in general just confirms even more how special Everton and Evertonians are. We really are a club with class, tradition and values.

I also hate the way the BBC and other media refer to it as 'winning a penalty', basically condoning diving.

Lol yeah, they act all outraged and holier than thou when there's no contact but the slightest flick an they support the dive compliment the skill of it even. Doesn't matter that the contact wasn't enough to make him fall over. Hypocrites.

No wonder the England team never wins anything, our so called experts are for the most part biased idiots.

didn't wanna make a thread for this.

But for anyone who wants to watch, found this on youtube.

[video=youtube;9vVfaOpMh38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVfaOpMh38[/video]

Winning a penalty is sound. If the ball's there to be won you poke it away and wait for the foul. Going down without contact deserves capital punishment.

I always claim stuff that doesn't cross the line, get in the ref's head, tell opposition players how badly they're playing, take my time with throw ins & free kicks if we're winning etc. but if you don't do it you're just being a mug IMO. In the perfect world the game would be played 100% honestly, but it's not, so play the game.

But as you say they should watch games back and hand out retrospective bans.

Was only a matter of time before Bill bought guns into the argument.

Hahaha...

Can you believe that the Esk moderated my original post and took my one swear word out ????

"You don't tug on Superman's Cape"
"You don't spit into the wind."
"You don't pull the hat off the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with The Esk."

What Suarez did is called simulation. He simulated a contact that carried more force that the contact that existed.

Simulation in the rule book, is cheating.

Diving, is when no contact at all is made. Also in the rule book as cheating.

So from this, by very virtue of the fact that nobody has asked the likes of Hansen and Shearer if Suarez's penalty was simulation, they think they can take the moral high ground and say, "he didn't dive" which in all seriousness, maybe he didn't. What he did do was simulation.

Nobody has asked that though.

Fantastic post.

One thing I hate is even when a player gets caught diving they only get shown a yellow card, this is fair enough if the dive takes place in the middle of the pitch but if a player dives in or around the penalty area or when the defensive victim of the dive is the last man the dive should be treated as a professional foul and a straight red awarded. I reckon this small change would at least stamp out diving for pens.

Exactly. Make the punishment for the diver the same for the offender and you'll see more players stay on their feet rather than risk a sending off. If they know the worst they can currently get is a yellow card, then there is no incentive to stop doing it.

Did you see that blatant push on Bony by Dawson (as Bony jumped to head from a corner) yesterday? The ref was right in line too. Disgraceful that he did nothing. It's because they are allowed to get away with it that they keep on doing it.

I did and that was a stonewall penalty that wasn't called. Tweeted that too.

Well put TX Bill
I'm a long-time lurker but v rarely post anything. With the first post you just became my favourite poster.
Sometimes I look at RAWK and Redcafe just for amusement more than anything - RAWK in particular is just vile and hateful. And this thread and GOT in general just confirms even more how special Everton and Evertonians are. We really are a club with class, tradition and values.

I also hate the way the BBC and other media refer to it as 'winning a penalty', basically condoning diving.

Thank you very much Lifelong and we love it when lurkers become posters. It's what makes this place what it is. Looking forward to more from you in the future.

Baines just dived.

Hmmm.

This thread seems a little quiet since he did that last night. (It may have been discussed more in the match thread tbf but I've not looked). If it had been Mirallas rather than our own English star player there'd be a fair few comments in here I presume.

I won't be happy if this starts creeping into our game. Nor if our fans turn a blind eye when it suits.

Interesting how very few people have commented on my words about if we benefited from a dive.

Would you really have cared if Everton had scored from the free kick after Baines blatantly dived last night?

I know I'd have windmilled just as much as normal.

I'm not saying diving is right at all I should say. But I'm not going to lie and say if we did it, and it seems we do, that I wouldn't celebrate if we scored.

In fact I'd be shocked if anyone would.

Status
Not open for further replies.