Is Europe a Shout Next Season

Passports out and ready??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are/were but they still looked and played differently and offered overlaps, whereas ours don't. EDIT: As further proof - Coleman's top assists during his entire career was 5, but he's always been known as an attacking full back. Bizarrely you'd assume in a Dyche team they'd offer early crosses at least but they don't, they tuck inside a bit to prevent counters even further.

Again, not a bad thing, but if that's the case we need to do more with the wingers - in some games it's okay when they double the full backs, but we can't be doing this constantly. A fix would be an actual ball player behind the striker so that the two centre mids can cover a bit more, but for this season it's Doucoure and long ball or bust - I want to see us improve on that and not rely on random chaos from the knocked down long ball. You can still play direct there if you want, I'm more than fine with it, but have an idea/plan that's clearly been worked on; we occasionally show we have some training ground forward play but it's bizarre as whoever the striker is goes out wide past the left/right centre back to receive the ball and lay it back for a quick cross - it's a decent plan, but when the striker does it, the cross is to no one in particular, stuff like this.
It's why I looked it up, Bmouth was rather known for playing attacking football, with a terrible defense, and Dyche the other way round. Young was a good contributor before going at Villa, but mainly played as winger there. Coleman also played midfield in the Moyes era mostly.

As a full back they are like around on a g/a every 8-10 game.

Carlo found a way with Digne, he was at 7 both seasons, but also under Carlo we were not high-scoring with 44 and 47.

You know it's Dyche, it's like with Mourinho and Moyes that all of them rather will be known as low risk, defensive minded manager no matter the team.

In the end, we need to find ways to get up in the scoring output, especially from open play. It will be around 40 goals this season, not as bad as 35g, but I am sure we can add some to end in the mid 40s even with Dycheball doing a good transfer business, as he's likely to be here.

I am a fan direct play, for example like Bournemouth shows this season, they play a lot of diagonal long balls on their starting wingers, they play a bit higher, but are also good tacklers, as Kluivert, Semenjo and Outtara are all in the top 20 of attacking tacklers, but very fast and technically gifted. I think we need to get this added as well.

Both teams are 3rd and 4th at running distance in the league.

We limit ourselves even more by playing with McNeil and Doucoure and Harrison as you say. I don't see players in them to make us more effective, so need to find wisely. I suggested McNeil to play centrally like in the Forest game, to give space for 2 Semenyo types of wingers. I see direct play suited well into our team, better than any possession based approach, and I enjoy pacy play more personally.

We need players to make Everton better, no matter who the manager at last.

It's why I looked it up, Bmouth was rather known for playing attacking football, with a terrible defense, and Dyche the other way round. Young was a good contributor before going at Villa, but mainly played as winger there. Coleman also played midfield in the Moyes era mostly.

As a full back they are like around on a g/a every 8-10 game.

Carlo found a way with Digne, he was at 7 both seasons, but also under Carlo we were not high-scoring with 44 and 47.

You know it's Dyche, it's like with Mourinho and Moyes that all of them rather will be known as low risk, defensive minded manager no matter the team.

In the end, we need to find ways to get up in the scoring output, especially from open play. It will be around 40 goals this season, not as bad as 35g, but I am sure we can add some to end in the mid 40s even with Dycheball doing a good transfer business, as he's likely to be here.

I am a fan direct play, for example like Bournemouth shows this season, they play a lot of diagonal long balls on their starting wingers, they play a bit higher, but are also good tacklers, as Kluivert, Semenjo and Outtara are all in the top 20 of attacking tacklers, but very fast and technically gifted. I think we need to get this added as well.

Both teams are 3rd and 4th at running distance in the league.

We limit ourselves even more by playing with McNeil and Doucoure and Harrison as you say. I don't see players in them to make us more effective, so need to find wisely. I suggested McNeil to play centrally like in the Forest game, to give space for 2 Semenyo types of wingers. I see direct play suited well into our team, better than any possession based approach, and I enjoy pacy play more personally.

We need players to make Everton better, no matter who the manager at last.
Wouldn't say Coleman played mostly in midfield to be honest - he started off there but past his first season he's mostly been a RB who can occasionally fill the right winger role if needs be.

I enjoy direct play too and honestly McNeil in the middle will be a no brainer, but we need essentially a whole new left side to do that - we have no backup for Myko (how lucky are we that he was healthy for 90% of this season too?!) and we'll need essentially two more left mids who mostly defend if we continue playing like this.

Realistically that's the issue - we have no idea what next season will be due to ownership. If it's new owners and we spend actual money and we continue to play like we did just now with no ideas or development it'll be telling of how actually adaptable and how good a manager Dyche is. Hopefully we're not stuck with the ownership and everything so we can see this coveted "Dyche is gonna be massively different with money" scenario that people are so optimistic about.

Wouldn't say Coleman played mostly in midfield to be honest - he started off there but past his first season he's mostly been a RB who can occasionally fill the right winger role if needs be.

I enjoy direct play too and honestly McNeil in the middle will be a no brainer, but we need essentially a whole new left side to do that - we have no backup for Myko (how lucky are we that he was healthy for 90% of this season too?!) and we'll need essentially two more left mids who mostly defend if we continue playing like this.

Realistically that's the issue - we have no idea what next season will be due to ownership. If it's new owners and we spend actual money and we continue to play like we did just now with no ideas or development it'll be telling of how actually adaptable and how good a manager Dyche is. Hopefully we're not stuck with the ownership and everything so we can see this coveted "Dyche is gonna be massively different with money" scenario that people are so optimistic about.
Really hope we will find a good owner asap and have clarity in this area, as well as a quiet season without major existential sorrows next year. It affected anyone of us surely.

Ashley Young as much as I like him, if he played like the last 2 games, I would give him another year, but the majority have been far from it so a no. Can see us still going to extend, because low earner and not easy to find alternatives in this budget.

I'm not that worried to find a good replacement for Branthwaite that is better than Holgate or Keane as much as someone that make us better using our direct play on the wing. I think the pace is a major issue there and generally in our game. I hope you don't neglect that, you're one of those being more cricitical than me about Dyche. I still stay this won't change and completely transform, but improve us to use direct passing more effictively.

The question is how we define improvement for Everton at the moment. Is it tactically more flexibility, making players better, getting up in the table, score more goals. I am willing to give Dyche games into the next season after the last few weeks, he won me back to a good extent, but I won't forget everything that happened, but also not turn against him after 3 games not won in a row.

How about we ... er ... wait and see whether by the end of the summer we have an owner, whether we have a Board, whether we have a toffee lady, whether we have a pot to urinate in, and whether we've had to sell all our best players and replace them with loans from lower leagues ?

Really hope we will find a good owner asap and have clarity in this area, as well as a quiet season without major existential sorrows next year. It affected anyone of us surely.

Ashley Young as much as I like him, if he played like the last 2 games, I would give him another year, but the majority have been far from it so a no. Can see us still going to extend, because low earner and not easy to find alternatives in this budget.

I'm not that worried to find a good replacement for Branthwaite that is better than Holgate or Keane as much as someone that make us better using our direct play on the wing. I think the pace is a major issue there and generally in our game. I hope you don't neglect that, you're one of those being more cricitical than me about Dyche. I still stay this won't change and completely transform, but improve us to use direct passing more effictively.

The question is how we define improvement for Everton at the moment. Is it tactically more flexibility, making players better, getting up in the table, score more goals. I am willing to give Dyche games into the next season after the last few weeks, he won me back to a good extent, but I won't forget everything that happened, but also not turn against him after 3 games not won in a row.
We all hope that surely. Uncertainty is a killer in our situation.

I don't like Young at all and, despite he's had at least 3 good games in close to 30, he's not a Prem footballer anymore, physically, and he doesn't have the game reading of someone like Barry to compensate.

I am worried about a Branthwaite replacement to be honest, as we genuinely have no good alternative and he's been a fantastic and consistent player all season. We're sadly probably gonna lose him, even though I'd love it if he stayed for 1 more year for both parties' benefit here, and it'll leave a massive hole as Keane is very much 10% of the player that JB is, Holgate is comical and hopefully we get rid of him ASAP (but who will take him ffs), so it'll be another position to strengthen in.

Pace is lacking but so is movement, that's also a huge issue - we can't rely on the long/route one ball as an outlet - you can play direct to feet/space (as we've also done with Dyche btw, just very rarely) even without the most paciest of players, and we can use McNeil in the middle to receive/play that ball too, but we still need movement from the team to get to said space. We're gonna have to replace and reinforce both wings anyway - we shouldn't run McNeil into the ground like that, and Harrison is a very limited player, despite having pace to burn. Wouldn't be opposed to him for the right price, but Leeds are knobs so I don't expect it.

I want to say all of them, at a steady pace - tactical flexibility is a necessity if you don't want to be incredibly 1 dimensional - in some games it clearly doesn't work but we have no coherent plan B; if you have that players will get used to it and get better as you play them more, but this raises the question of "who will Dyche play anyway" as you need to be "Dyche ready" and "experienced" magically, so we'll see what happens there.

He's earned more than 3 bad results in a row, but I've said it earlier too - we can't overlook "the finer details" and neither should he, a self-proclaimed man of the same finer details. As has been pointed out, we've done well to turn it around, but before and during the Chelsea game we looked absolutely dead in the water - we can't rely on something magical to happen every single time, we need consistency.

We all hope that surely. Uncertainty is a killer in our situation.

I don't like Young at all and, despite he's had at least 3 good games in close to 30, he's not a Prem footballer anymore, physically, and he doesn't have the game reading of someone like Barry to compensate.

I am worried about a Branthwaite replacement to be honest, as we genuinely have no good alternative and he's been a fantastic and consistent player all season. We're sadly probably gonna lose him, even though I'd love it if he stayed for 1 more year for both parties' benefit here, and it'll leave a massive hole as Keane is very much 10% of the player that JB is, Holgate is comical and hopefully we get rid of him ASAP (but who will take him ffs), so it'll be another position to strengthen in.

Pace is lacking but so is movement, that's also a huge issue - we can't rely on the long/route one ball as an outlet - you can play direct to feet/space (as we've also done with Dyche btw, just very rarely) even without the most paciest of players, and we can use McNeil in the middle to receive/play that ball too, but we still need movement from the team to get to said space. We're gonna have to replace and reinforce both wings anyway - we shouldn't run McNeil into the ground like that, and Harrison is a very limited player, despite having pace to burn. Wouldn't be opposed to him for the right price, but Leeds are knobs so I don't expect it.

I want to say all of them, at a steady pace - tactical flexibility is a necessity if you don't want to be incredibly 1 dimensional - in some games it clearly doesn't work but we have no coherent plan B; if you have that players will get used to it and get better as you play them more, but this raises the question of "who will Dyche play anyway" as you need to be "Dyche ready" and "experienced" magically, so we'll see what happens there.

He's earned more than 3 bad results in a row, but I've said it earlier too - we can't overlook "the finer details" and neither should he, a self-proclaimed man of the same finer details. As has been pointed out, we've done well to turn it around, but before and during the Chelsea game we looked absolutely dead in the water - we can't rely on something magical to happen every single time, we need consistency.
No, he isn't anymore, but I expect him to be on a better level overall, a Modric (same age) for Everton 2024 level. To be that valuable back up and mentor for Pat and Myko with his experience, but also he played much in a very Villa side that played on CL form last season. Coleman is a debatable thing, we don't know if Pat will be bit for the start of the season, Coleman always is eligible to pick up injuries.

I see Godfrey as a number 3 option currently, but also has good and moments to better delete from memories this season. Tark will be the only good one left. We will need the money for Branthwaite unfortunately... Godfrey and Tarks as a main one don't give the best feeling, despite I trust in Dyche that he at least will make us defensively stable again. We need to get one surely and hope he works for the team.

Definitely it's necessary to get more flexibility into the team in possession. We clearly have our limits on the ball, still will have surely even with 3-4 players added. This team will still come over hard work and rather ugly to watch than good football, more of a patchwork like in the Brentford game and lots of other games. Definitely Dyche isn't a big rotater, will always have these 17 players he relies on, but fair play to the staff this season to avoid big injuries in the majority, speak for a good load control. I know he said they changed things in training after Chelsea, would like to know what they really did.

I guess, we won't spend much more than this season, and we got to pay Beto and Chermiti as well by July. So pretty hard to predict what league position to expect, so my assessment will rather be careful, as I expect to squad to rather lose in quality than win. Will wait till End of August with that.

How about we ... er ... wait and see whether by the end of the summer we have an owner, whether we have a Board, whether we have a toffee lady, whether we have a pot to urinate in, and whether we've had to sell all our best players and replace them with loans from lower leagues ?
Haven't you heard? All we have to do is sell or get rid of the bad players and replace them with all those really good young PL level players that you see going for cheap all around the place.

It's really easy apparently and no other club has though of it. Regardless though Dyche has said no and put a couple of bouncers on the gate at Finch Farm with strict instructions to only allow over 32's in unless they've come from Burnley on a free.

Or at least that's what I've read on here.

Haven't you heard? All we have to do is sell or get rid of the bad players and replace them with all those really good young PL level players that you see going for cheap all around the place.

It's really easy apparently and no other club has though of it. Regardless though Dyche has said no and put a couple of bouncers on the gate at Finch Farm with strict instructions to only allow over 32's in unless they've come from Burnley on a free.

Or at least that's what I've read on here.
Funny how you've just made it up, quite literally.

I mean if we're gonna build on this then solid midtable before round 35 would be actual progress.
This would be, but we won't be able to make a West Ham with Rice unfortunately in case Branthwaite leaves to replace him with quality players like Alvarez, JWP, but also Kudus for the money incoming. I wish we were in this position...

Depends on how we deal and can deal on the transfer market. I see this squad overall way more stable than last season, it's something to build up on surely. Just take step by step on the long way back.

They would need to find another Lukaku before the other teams grabbed him. The obvious scoring stars are going to the top clubs. Even if they got £100 million for Branthwaite, no one worth that amount would agree to come to Everton. And the 3 guys you spend that money on will not be close to elite. To ever see Europe, they likely need their Academy to be far better at signing and developing forwards.