Injuries. Us and Man Utd....is it a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
Just read that RVP is out for a month with a thigh strain, on top of the groin problem he had for a few weeks. Utd seem to have quite a lot of injuries this season

In contrast we only have players out with the type of injuries that you cannot legislate for...broken toe, cruciate...

Under Moyes, we were never lucky with injuries. Even when players returned, it seemed to take an age for them to get fit again. It would seem that Bobby's new backroom team have really got things ticking over nicely fitness wise while Moyes continues to run players into the ground. No wonder this will probably be Gigg's last season

I've had this thought too but didn't want to mention it as it might jinx us.

I now fully expect three hamstrings to go on Saturday.

this is another reason why i think our fitness has been much better, we seem to be able to keep a higher tempo for 90min, when we seemed burnt out under moyes, I have read that moyes training sessions are very intense and maybe burning the candle at both ends.

Probably help Martinez is a qualified physio so I imagine he has a lot of input into our fitness schedules.

I have always said it was down to the club why we had so many injuries. Every year we would lose players because of it but at the time I was told I was talking out my arse. Hell distin had hardly missed a game in years and came to us and was injured for 2 months. Whatever moyes does to the players it obviously messes with their leg muscles. Makes you wonder if Vaughan and rodwell was a victim of it. Injuries at a young age plauging them.

Probably help Martinez is a qualified physio so I imagine he has a lot of input into our fitness schedules.

THIS!

I think it's a vastly underrrated factor that we have a manager who is also a qualified physio. Seriously, this knowledge can only help him when he's deciding how to nurture players who have niggles, when to bring them off in a game, when to rest them, etc.

Moyes' training in pre-season especially infamously consisted of running, running and more running.

No coincidence at all.

That Dutch bloke was pilloried by the pro United medis (i.e. all the media) for daring to suggest that Moyes had aggravated RVP's injury by, in Moyes's own words, "overtraining" the boy.

But he was spot on.

Said in the World Football thread that Moyes was playing RVP for the full 90 and was going to ruin him like he does any striker he ever works with.

Never imagined it would be as soon as the next match.

Moyes really is a total Neanderthal, and it is clear now that it's always been his way or the highway.

Moyes training doesn't seem to be affecting Rooney or 20 odd others who are having no problems. There were plenty of ours who had no problems with it either, whilst of course a few did continually. RVP spent 5 yrs on/off injured at arsenal!?!?

It really just is any reason whatsoever to have a dig at moyes. It's getting really boring IMO.

(Not intended as a direct dig at the OP btw)

Moyes training doesn't seem to be affecting Rooney or 20 odd others who are having no problems. There were plenty of ours who had no problems with it either, whilst of course a few did continually. RVP spent 5 yrs on/off injured at arsenal!?!?

It really just is any reason whatsoever to have a dig at moyes. It's getting really boring IMO.

(Not intended as a direct dig at the OP btw)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25287546

Manchester United forward Robin van Persie has been ruled out for a month with a thigh injury.

Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Chris Smalling and Marouane Fellaini are all fitness doubts, with Michael Carrick still sidelined after Achilles surgery.

The strength and condition coach worked with for my hometown team before coming to Everton. Once he left the home town team noticed a marketed difference (more) in the team injuries here. He is still at Everton and this year we have had less injuries now that Moyes is gone. Pretty sure its the former manager and not the players/fitness coaches.

I seem to recall utd having injury problems last year and the year before. Carrick playing CB v us at start of last season springs to mind. I'm not saying this isn't to do with moyes' training regime just that utd have had problems in the past. I always thought actually that we kept injuries by and large to a minimum under moyes bar unprecedented occasions. Maybe my memory is just hazy though

Might not even be injured at all, could be he's off in January and they don't want to chance him getting injured before then. Somethings not right between him and moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.