Injuries ffs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physio room has McCarthy, Naismith and Gibson returning on Dec 15 th, so they should be available for QPR, Oviedo returning on the 11 th, he'll play v Krasnodar and Stones back foe Jan 1st. So from next Monday Stones will be are only player not available.

Isn't well better than what we currently have?

Hit and miss in games. the pair of them can play well and be effective dont get me wrong but a lot of the time, in my opinion like, he doesnt offer anything different to anyone else. Age perhaps but point is he isnt as good as he was

Hit and miss in games. the pair of them can play well and be effective dont get me wrong but a lot of the time, in my opinion like, he doesnt offer anything different to anyone else. Age perhaps but point is he isnt as good as he was
Quick feet, holds the ball up better than all our other wingers and uses his brain a bit more than all the other wingers? Doesn't matter if he isn't the player he was, he's still the best option currently available.

Bit of a progress update wouldn't go a miss. Doesn't have to give us set dates or games he expects them to be back for, but an idea of what the delays are, if someone has suffered a setback etc. Oviedo is a particular one, if you remember there was an outside of chance of him making the WC, yet here we are in Dec with no sign of a return.

Just keep us in the loop Bob!

Quick feet, holds the ball up better than all our other wingers and uses his brain a bit more than all the other wingers? Doesn't matter if he isn't the player he was, he's still the best option currently available.

He may well be on the left side, considering how little i rate Mcgeady.

but for a top 6 club we shouldnt be saying that about our first team players without a replacement as well.

Bit of a progress update wouldn't go a miss. Doesn't have to give us set dates or games he expects them to be back for, but an idea of what the delays are, if someone has suffered a setback etc. Oviedo is a particular one, if you remember there was an outside of chance of him making the WC, yet here we are in Dec with no sign of a return.

Just keep us in the loop Bob!
Exactly ! Just an indication instead of as is the case on the OS with Naismith, Mcarthy, Oviedo "expected return unknown"
Stones is expected return December !

If it works what does it matter what we say?

not as well as it used to. and the decline is what drags teams down who do not change it and hope for one more good game from someone every week.

Look all i am saying is that i don't think piennar is anywhere the player he used to be with us. I'm not saying he is terrible and i'm not saying get rid, just i'd prefer him to be used in the same way as Osman rather than as a guaranteed first team player.

the only player i get concerned about is Piennar.

I mean for as long as i can remember he has never had a time scale on his returns and just turns up in the team one day. Im convinced there is more to that than simply injury.

I agree. He was on the twitter the other night and some guy asked about his injury and how no one knows what the injury is, and his reply was "the reason you don't know is because we're not allowed to talk about them" (or something to that effect - I'm trying to find that tweet).

not as well as it used to. and the decline is what drags teams down who do not change it and hope for one more good game from someone every week.

Look all i am saying is that i don't think piennar is anywhere the player he used to be with us. I'm not saying he is terrible and i'm not saying get rid, just i'd prefer him to be used in the same way as Osman rather than as a guaranteed first team player.
We don't have any other viable options though. We've exhausted pretty much every other one to no real avail. He's still the best we can call upon regardless of his supposed decline. Using him as an impact sub when we are shoehorning other players into positions they clearly don't suit seems idiotic.

As @bluebud says above, physioroom.com has them all back bar Stones for QPR. It is usually pretty accurate with return dates..... they sometimes list 'no return date' but that's usually for fresh injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.