If You had a Time Machine......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple. Heysel and everything on 1985 European cup. Remember the crappy teams they beat to get to the final? Panathaneikos in the semis for gods sake.
We would have won the big cup in '86, our ace young team would not have broken up, HK would have stayed.
I can never forgive those lovely gents across the park for their despicable actions on the day and bleating self pity ever since. Never forget the horror of '89 was a direct result of the horror of '85. Police priority back then was to stop fans killing each other in riots - not to protect fans.
Rant over. Carry on.

Simple. Heysel and everything on 1985 European cup. Remember the crappy teams they beat to get to the final? Panathaneikos in the semis for gods sake.
We would have won the big cup in '86, our ace young team would not have broken up, HK would have stayed.
I can never forgive those lovely gents across the park for their despicable actions on the day and bleating self pity ever since. Never forget the horror of '89 was a direct result of the horror of '85. Police priority back then was to stop fans killing each other in riots - not to protect fans.
Rant over. Carry on.

Not sure how conclusively it needs to be proved that those 96 people were unlawfully killed by police, before people stop spouting this utter nonsense. It's pathetic to still be trying to find ways to blame LFC fans for Hillsbrough. "Rant over".

Not getting into the events of the night itself but the aftermath of Heysel very nearly destroyed EFC.

There is no doubt that we were the best team in Europe at that time. We would have won multiple European trophies and have been the main team in the UK when Sky invented football. We would have been one of the Sky4.

It is nothing compared to people losing their lives but I feel sorry for some of those players, especially the loyal one's like Nev and Sheedy, who would have had a ton more medals and the public recognition they deserve.

Not getting into the events of the night itself but the aftermath of Heysel very nearly destroyed EFC.

There is no doubt that we were the best team in Europe at that time. We would have won multiple European trophies and have been the main team in the UK when Sky invented football. We would have been one of the Sky4.

I'd say there's a pretty big doubt about us being the best team in Europe at that time. The other lot won the double over us. So the best team in Europe wasn't even the best team in Liverpool. Heysel affected a few clubs, we didn't deal with it very well, bad management, bad decisions by the club from the very top did more harm to us, adding insult to injury. This is turning into another thread - there's quite a few on here, that's turning into an anti RS thread. There was a time when supporting this great Club meant just that. Nowadays it's seems to be about hating the other lot more.

Not sure how conclusively it needs to be proved that those 96 people were unlawfully killed by police, before people stop spouting this utter nonsense. It's pathetic to still be trying to find ways to blame LFC fans for Hillsbrough. "Rant over".

A valid point. But 86 was steau Bucharest who were fairly [Poor language removed] if you can remember.
The police did not kill Lpool fans. Simply not true.

The police did not kill Lpool fans. Simply not true.
"The 96 people who died at the Hillsborough football stadium disaster in 1989 were unlawfully killed and a catalogue of failings by police and the ambulance services contributed to their deaths, the jury at the new inquests into the disaster has determined."

The actions of the Police directly contributed to the deaths of the 96, why can't you just leave that alone?

I'd say there's a pretty big doubt about us being the best team in Europe at that time. The other lot won the double over us. So the best team in Europe wasn't even the best team in Liverpool. Heysel affected a few clubs, we didn't deal with it very well, bad management, bad decisions by the club from the very top did more harm to us, adding insult to injury. This is turning into another thread - there's quite a few on here, that's turning into an anti RS thread. There was a time when supporting this great Club meant just that. Nowadays it's seems to be about hating the other lot more.
Didn't mention the dark side fella. Just the impact the ban had on us

Didn't mention the dark side fella. Just the impact the ban had on us

Your right, you didn't mention the dark side. But you said "There is no doubt that we were the best team in Europe at that time. We would have won multiple European trophies and have been the main teaminthe UK when Sky invented football".

How could we have been the best team in Europe, 'no doubt', when we couldn't even be the best team in Merseyside in the 85-86 season. With them doing the double over us. You can't rewrite history, on the strength of a hypothesis. Like I said, the ban affected a few clubs, but the biggest factor in us being where we are today Is bad decisions by the club, especially in the immediate years after Heysel. It's an easy thing just to blame someone else & not look at ourselves first.

Well if we are going to mess with history....

We sign Brazil 1970, add Alan Ball, put Nev in goal, and I'll be Captain.

WBMS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.