If we finished top 4

Which team would you want to finish outside the top 4?

• Chelsea

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Man City

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 80 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit sad that you'd all prefer the sugar daddy teams to stay on and keep getting bigger than a club that lives by it's own means to get a 4th place.

I'd rather see clubs in it from this league who have a hope of winning it (Chelsea, City) or who at least can create a great atmosphere at the games, home and away, and show the league in a good light, whether they have the quality or not.

Arsenal can offer neither of the above. Add in the fact that it's the same boring result every year (out as soon as you play someone decent) and I'd like someone else to have the chance to have a go in your place. We'd likely do no better, like, but at least it'd be something different.

Last edited:
I'd like Liverpool to finish outside of the top four.

You didn't say it had to be possible...

I don't feel like it matters, although since the whole race against Arsenal has been a 'thing', it'd be pretty sweet to piss on their cornflakes.

Arsenal, as it would hit them financially. City and Chelsea could spend their way out of it. Arsenal need Champions league football in order to pay off their stadium. Although, they have been frugle so far, so could probably survive for 2-3 years without European football.

@49ers i'm not sure any of us would truly like to see the sugar daddys get in the top 4 ahead of arsenal, but we're being realistic that the top 3 atm are miles ahead of financially and therefore we can't compete in the long run. 1 season outside top 4 won't affect their buying power, whereas arsenal being dragged out of top 4 may pull us closer together.

given liverpool's current squad, i wouldn't really put them in the same bracket as city and chelsea, but with regards to finances they're the closest.

Seeing that the Arse are the nearest to us it'd have to be them. Plus they are unlikely to spunk a shed-load of cash on world class players like City and Chelsea would if they missed out.

Arsenal, at the end of the day is Chelsea or City drop out, the odds are it's a rare anomaly, which can be fixed with money, whereas if Arsenal do, they could easily remain out, at our expense, that said, i don't think they will.

Unfortunately Arsenal have to play the 3 worst teams in the division right now. West Brom looking especially awful tonight.

If Newcastle or West Brom can go to the Emirates and not get beat it is well and truly ON.

I think people are saying Arsenal because they are more likely, i want City to blow it myself, be funny if both Manchester club miss out

the question i suppose is will west brom feel they need a point to stay up

and do newcastle have any pride left

these will all be revealed in next weeks episode of 'please fail arsenal, please!!!'.

My vote went for Chelsea. Reason: My favourite team (sorry if that's blasphemy here) is Bayern Munich... I was there in Munich during the CL final in 2012... I guess that's enough said, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.