Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought that with Schneiderlin only just returning to regular game time (thus can't play every minute yet), Barry on old legs (thus unable to play every minute any more) and Davies only just starting his top level career (thus undesirable to play every minute lest he "burn out") there'd be plenty of opportunity for Gana - one of our players of the season so far - and all the others to share game time before we establish what the real pecking order will be in that position. Would have helped if we were in other competitions to give them all a good run out...

Barkley has created the most amount of chances of any English player. If we are not playing with any wingers or other creative threat apart from Coleman and Baines, he has to be the first name on the team sheet.

I suspect, long term, Schneiderlin comes in for Barry and it rotates between Davies and Gana. McCarthy will no doubt lose his place on the bench and be shipped out in the summer (no big loss considering he is always injured anyway)

IMG_0170.JPG

He gets it.

Barkley has created the most amount of chances of any English player.
What does that really mean in the Premiership?
He's probably the most productive 'Ross' in the League as well. One for the CV is that.
Is there a league table for the longest distance run by a Ginger in a match? Surely a shoe-in for McCarthy?

What does that really mean in the Premiership?
He's probably the most productive 'Ross' in the League as well. One for the CV is that.
Is there a league table for the longest distance run by a Ginger in a match? Surely a shoe-in for McCarthy?

It means he has created more chances than the likes of Sterling, Ali, Henderson, Lallana, Rooney. Quite simple really.

We've been playing great recently it's easy to forget just how ridiculously good he's been. He cleans up every. second. ball. Makes clean tackles ALL the time and is just absolutely everywhere.

He can be given a little rest after the AFCON luckily as the next time we're playing a team who will really attack us - i.e. when he really shines - is Spurs on March 5th.

Edit: that's nonsense actually, Bournemouth will probably have a good go.

Status
Not open for further replies.