Hull Tigers v Everton. New Year's Day at 15.00.

Do you have a New Year's resolution lad?

• Stop smoking

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Go the gym

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Be less of a tit

Votes: 36 14.2%
  • F off Everton

Votes: 175 68.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't worry about Everton, but now I'm effing terrified. Because this doesn't look good at all, 0-2 and barely any chances created against Hull! We really look like we are facing relegation.

I've backed Martinez earlier, but it seems like he has lost the players. Things will look like this for a while if so.

I've never witnessed a 0-2 to 3-2 comeback in my life as an Evertonsupporter, but I think it's time for one now.

Same here. I was disappointed when we appointed Martinez, didn't feel very Nil Satis Nisi Optimum appointing a man who had finally overseen his team be relegated after years of miracle escapes (despite the FA Cup success) - but like others I ate humble pie and admitted being wrong come the end of last season. The diabolical organisation of the pre-season made me begin to doubt again though and the multi-year contracts given to Barry, Eto'o and a whole host of the other over-30's already at the club. Many are players that have peaked and are now on the way down and taking our great club with them - rewarding loyalty is one thing, but they're simply not good enough players any more. We might have some promising youngsters, but they need to be nurtured in a winning side - where is the quality in the 24-28 age bracket, non-existent!

So what do we do. Even if Bill had the balls to sack him it would cost a fortune we probably can't afford with 4 1/2 years left on his contract. If we could get rid - who do you bring in, with little resources to to compensate for anyone decent already in a job. We are definitely in a dogfight, so perhaps Big Dunc could enable us to battle through to the end of the season, but it would be a big risk.

Apparently it's:

Joel
Jagielka Barry Alcaraz
Coleman Naismith Baines Oviedo
Barkley
Kone Lukaku
The shape looks pretty good but central midfield is a concern.

I can' believe , did i saw Barry owned all half, yard behaind anything and everything and hes in FFS is he blind ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.