How will it end with Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right mate. There are no alternatives out there. I cant understand though why anyone would want him to sign a contract but with one eye on sacking him. Remember us 10 years ago? I have seen everton win leagues and cups and have seen us stay up on the last day like thousands of others. In my opinion we would have have been regalated years ago but for moyes. He has slowly built us into a very good modern side who may, just may be on the verge of something good. Yes he is very well paid but i think we are lucky to have him.

Why do some people think moyes is negative?
He's had to build teams with no money have his better players taken away and now, having been able to keep hold of his better players for once he has built a very good team playing attacking exciting football.
In fact our football at the moment is as good nay better than any other team in the league.
Negative my ass.

I really dont understand.

Its like some people arent happy when we win, its like they WANT us to lose so they can point to his wages. Enjoy it lads, enjoy it.

It's called not kneejerking.

I have an opinion on Moyes that has developed over the last few seasons, and a few games at the beginning of this season isn't going to change that opinion.

Don't get me wrong, loving the start, but that doesn't mean we should throw a five year contract at him.

It's called not kneejerking.

I have an opinion on Moyes that has developed over the last few seasons, and a few games at the beginning of this season isn't going to change that opinion.

Don't get me wrong, loving the start, but that doesn't mean we should throw a five year contract at him.
And I'm the other side of this coin...I rate him highly. Think he will get europe this year and hopefully silverware.

Answer this question:

Which team would be willing to pay him £4m a year who would also be prepared to hire a manager who has won ZERO trophies and has very little European experience.

Answers on a postcard !

If you think he's not high on the list of a lot of chairmen and owners to manage their club you're being foolish. Brenda Rodgers got the job at the 5 times European cup winners.....other than promotion what's he won and what European experience does he have?

Moyes is making you all look like complete mugs, I know it hurts lads, it must really hurt, you all wanted rid and Owen Coyle in, then he mugs you off, all for a bargain 3.5m a Year.

Cant you just enjoy the fact that Everton are boss, just for once? I mean is that so hard?

Swallow your pride lads, come on, we are all blues here.

Oh Davey Moyes, Davey, Davey Moyes.

Words of wisdom....spot on.

If you think he's not high on the list of a lot of chairmen and owners to manage their club you're being foolish. Brenda Rodgers got the job at the 5 times European cup winners.....other than promotion what's he won and what European experience does he have?

2 things - silverware and a football philosophy.

Rodgers, for all his aura of being a massive bulb, has a "brand" associated with him that seems to make clubs take interest. Tika taka, dossiers etc. All bollocks, but offers something a chairmen wants to see. Moyes has the "does well for a tight budget, hard to beat team" brand.

The other is a goblet. AVB will be touted and get top jobs for years on the back of what he did at porto even though he seems like a flash in the pan. Until Moyes wins something, he'll be low if not on a list of top clubs.

I'm pleased with the start. We've played some utterly beautiful football. But he's still showed his limitations and the ability to adjust his team when we're under the cosh.

Then there's the bottle effect ie massive games and derbies.

Please tell me you didn't just compare Liverpool to United.

They are five times European cup winners, so what ? They finished 8th last season, have owners holding the purse strings tight and were turned down by Roberto Martinez, hardly the most enticing prospect.

The day United replace Fergie with a manager who has won f*** all in ten years is the day I buy a Liverpool kit and kiss the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.