How many of the current team will still be getting picked in 12 months time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
Allardyce has brought stability to the team selections - for now. But we're a long way away from where we were hoping to be earlier this year. How radical a shake-up is still needed, and what should we expect to happen ? Current ages are in brackets.

JORDAN PICKFORD (23)
Surely a nailed on certainty to still be in the team.

JONJOE KENNY (20)
Will Coleman be able to regain his place ? I'm not so sure.

ASHLEY WILLIAMS (33)
If he's still in the team then we're in trouble.

MASON HOLGATE (21)
Currently keeping Keane and Jagielka out of the team - I certainly didn't see that coming, but who can say he doesn't deserve it. If we sign a CB though competition for places will become intense.

CUCO MARTINA (28)
Should not be anywhere near the team in 12 months time. But will we find someone else to replace Baines ?

MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN (28)
It's hard to make out a case for him being in the team now, let alone in 12 months time.

IDRISSA GUEYE (28)
Yes !

AARON LENNON (30)
A good professional - I'm happy to have him in the squad, but we should be aiming much higher.

WAYNE ROONEY (32)
How many times has he been written off already in this forum ? He seems to have a knack of making himself indispensable. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him leading out the team in 12 months time and playing in a deep role.

GYLFI SIGURDSSON (28)
I reckon he will be starting in 12 months time. I'm far from convinced though that he's the type of player that we need in a team that's crying out for pace.

DOMINIC CALVERT-LEWIN (20)
We will have a new striker but DCL is so versatile, I can still see a role for him as part of a 4 man attack.

Some other squad members in with a shout : Tom Davies (19), Beni Baningime (19), Ademola Lookman (20), Nikola Vlasic (20), Sandro Ramirez (22), Davy Klaassen (24), Michael Keane (24)

Pickers and Siggy pretty certain I would think. I immediately thought JJK but then thought of Coleman, either of those two is very welcome. Holgate and DCL are doing tremendously well currently, Gueye is a go to 8/10 most games, everyone else is getting old, not good enough or maybe pushed out in favour of more up and performers.
Genuinely looking forward to seeing Messi and Ronald in our first bank of four applying pressure to the opposition and receiving lofted balls and trapping them on a sixpence come January.

Rather depends on the ambition of the club.
If they want to regularly break top 6 or form a top 7, then sadly most of the current players are not good enough.
Think we have a good crop coming through and fingers crossed for them.

We have a good few players already at the prime of their careers and will not improve.
From the starting eleven above, need to replace Williams, Martina, Holgate, Morgan and Lennon for starters.
Unless we are happy with mid-table for the rest of our lives and we can plod along with these and others like them in the future.

Thing is 3 years ago, I would have bit your hand off for plodding along, but money does strange things to expectations!

Looking at our squad as it stands today, removing players injured, then I'd say only 4 of them would be in the XI. Namely Pickford, Gueye, Rooney and Sigurdsson. That said, I could make a case for just 3, as Rooney will be a year older, a year slower and arguably much more effective from the bench.

If we include injured players then I say Pickford, Coleman, (probably one of) Williams/Holgate/Mori, Gueye, Bolasie, Sigurdsson... and that's it.

I think Holgate, Kenny, Davies and DCL will strongly be pushing for a start from next season, even when we have a fully fit squad, which is great stuff.

I fully expect, by the end of the summer transfer window, us to have 1 new striker, 1 new left back, 1 new centre back, and potentially 1 new winger. If Schneiderlin fails to convince between now and then I expect him to be sold, and McCarthy, Davies, Gueye, Baningeme, Rooney challenging for a starting role in the centre of midfield.

Mirallas, Besic, Stekelenburg, Niasse, Sandro, Klaassen, Jagielka, Lennon, Barkley and maybe Schneiderlin, imo, will not be Everton players by the end of the summer. I imagine we'll keep hold of Niasse, Jagielka, Lennon and Schneiderlin until the summer, and look for buyers for the rest in January.

Allardyce has stressed many times that his squad is massive, and we all know that despite that we have many positions that need to be filled, so getting rid of deadwood and finding players we actually need is crucial.

upload_2017-12-19_16-42-55.png

19 December 2016 - 0-1 home loss to Liverpool. (Lukaku already showing he hated us etc etc).

Three players.

Status
Not open for further replies.