How bad was it at work/wherever today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said I above, I'm too deflated now to even get upset over it and the kopites saw it in my reaction, they knew gloating was pointless because they wouldn't get a rise out of me.

The bell-whiffs you read and see online are by far worse anyway. A suggestion came up on my youtube bar earlier on for the Redmen TV reaction video. The computer near ended up in the street.

I work with a couple of older reds who are well beyond teasing and pi*s taking.

Instead, the normal brainless offerings are replaced with a sense of pity and "ahh poor Everton, maybe next time eh?" plaudits. Much in the same way a Father may reassure his despondent son on school sports day when he finishes last by a country mile in the sack race.

Not sure what's worse?

I think pity is worse. After the 4-0 last season, even the worse ones for piss taking were feeling sorry for us blues. It was embarrassing.

Today was mostly piss taking. To be fair some of them are actual Liverpool fans who go to Anfield occasionally. You can generally have a decent conversation about football with them. So I can take it on the chin.

It did wind me up a bit the whole outrage over Barkley's tackle though. Have they seriously forgotten their players' antics in derbies over the years? They truly have a victim complex.

They are alright in our work in fairness. Nothing said that hasnt been said here. More worrying was the 4-0 last year when none of them even mentioned it. Me and a fellow blue were discussing how unnerving it was lol

They are alright in our work in fairness. Nothing said that hasnt been said here. More worrying was the 4-0 last year when none of them even mentioned it. Me and a fellow blue were discussing how unnerving it was lol

Exactly mate, I'd much rather put up with their sneers than have any of their pity. Patting us on the head and saying "oh better luck next time" is enough to make me vomit. We are not Tranmere, some irrelevant tiny neighbour no one's heard of, no matter how much they want us to think that's how view us.

I only work with one Kopite and he is not the sort who tries to wind me up.
He is off on holiday too.
the majority here hate LFC or have 0 interest in football. Infact I have only once worked with a typical kopite and he soon learned that he might get his head put through a window if he tried to put Everton down.

I do not do banter, certainly not with them.

Not too bad today, either I'm getting immune to the disappointment or they're getting bored of taking the p***
They left me alone and I'm over it now anyway, same shizzle different game.

Thank god I'm unemployed, but even travelling local today in the City today I have seen plenty of merchandise wearing RS about but not one blue . Everton certainty know how to make it hard to live here.

Status
Not open for further replies.